Question about Washing Machines
The washer one day did not finish it's spin cycle and left a little water in the tub. Over the next few uses it left more and more water. Now it will not move at all...except for a slight **** every once in a while. I took the back off and the belt is good and even without the belt...it only jerks a little...even on the spin setting. HELP. Is this the motor? Clutch? Some control? Thank you,
You may need to reboot the machine this is a typical problem with these washers. Rebooting whirlpool washer:
Here are the steps
1. Set the dial to Stop (our machine stalls in the rinse cycle and the last couple of times on wash cycle).
2. Power button off (turning off machine)
3. Turn MH breaker to the washer and dryer off for 5 minutes
4. Power switch on
5. Push start button (you should hear pump start depending on which cycle you are in).
6. Turn dial twice to the cycle that it stopped at, (in our case the spin cycle several times and the last couple
times, the wash cycle).
7. Machine should start in this cycle.
Rebooting whirlpool washer:
Posted on Nov 07, 2010
You need a new motor
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
Sounds like it could be the transmission. Does the tub turn when you turn the pulley in either direction with your hand? And take the belt off see if the motor turns when you close the lid and turn it on without the belt??
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2016 | GE Dryers
Apr 09, 2008 | Frigidaire FLEB8200DS Top Load Stacked...
May 19, 2014 | Frigidaire FGX831CS Top Load Stacked...
Aug 10, 2011 | GE Washing Machines
Apr 25, 2010 | GE Profile WPRE6100G Top Load Washer
Apr 01, 2009 | Bosch Washing Machines
Mar 13, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 25, 2008 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Oct 29, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!