Question about Apple iPhone Smartphone
Hello Again! Thank you for trying to help me figure this out! It is very frustrating! To answer your question, Yes, my laptop connects to the 2wire, wireless connection. ~Signal strength is "Excellent", and I have NO problems whatsoever with the 2wire and my laptop. A few weeks back, I researched this problem and found that I am not the only one with the iPhone / 2wire problem. There was ONE "Solution", but the "fix" was not very clear, and I was not successful in following the directions. I book marked the web site, but cannot find it! I'll keep looking and if I find it, if you don't mind, I'd like to pass the info on to you and maybe you can help me figure it out? Thanks again for your time! I greatly appreciate it!!! ~Colleen PS. Off the subject, but, can you tell me step by step instructions on how to put my pic up on my profile
I too found that not only the iPhone but also MacBooks were having this same problem with 2wire devices. I think I saw the page you were speaking about, and I'll let you know on my next message.
As far as the Profile Picture, I'd be glad to help.
1. Select the picture you'd like to use and be sure it is saved on your computer in a place you can easily find it. Also be sure it is saved in either jpg, gif, or png, and not larger than 50kb.
2. Be sure you are logged on to the FixYa website and then click on "My Profile" at the top of the page.
3. On the right hand column, look for "Useful Links' and click on "Edit Profile".
4. Scroll down to where it says "Upload Personal Image" and click on "Browse". This is where you will browse for the picture you saved earlier. Select that picture and click on "Open".
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit". If the image passed the size restrictions, then it should instantly appear on your profile. If it was too large, then you will need to go into a photo editing program to resize it so it's not larger than 50KB.
Let me know if this worked. Good Luck.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2011 | 2wire Wireless-G 802.11g ADSL Gateway
Oct 15, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal 1800HG Router...
Jul 08, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Feb 23, 2009 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Dec 08, 2008 | 2wire HomePortal 1000 Router
Nov 22, 2008 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Aug 30, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400106-003)
Aug 28, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Apr 16, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
3,068 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!