Hello Again! Thank you for trying to help me figure this out! It is very frustrating! To answer your question, Yes, my laptop connects to the 2wire, wireless connection. ~Signal strength is "Excellent", and I have NO problems whatsoever with the 2wire and my laptop.
A few weeks back, I researched this problem and found that I am not the only one with the iPhone / 2wire problem.
There was ONE "Solution", but the "fix" was not very clear, and I was not successful in following the directions. I book marked the web site, but cannot find it! I'll keep looking and if I find it, if you don't mind, I'd like to pass the info on to you and maybe you can help me figure it out? Thanks again for your time!
I greatly appreciate it!!! ~Colleen
PS. Off the subject, but, can you tell me step by step instructions on how to put my pic up on my profile
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Iphone will not connect to 2wire wireless
I too found that not only the iPhone but also MacBooks were having this same problem with 2wire devices. I think I saw the page you were speaking about, and I'll let you know on my next message.
As far as the Profile Picture, I'd be glad to help.
1. Select the picture you'd like to use and be sure it is saved on your computer in a place you can easily find it. Also be sure it is saved in either jpg, gif, or png, and not larger than 50kb.
2. Be sure you are logged on to the FixYa website and then click on "My Profile" at the top of the page.
3. On the right hand column, look for "Useful Links' and click on "Edit Profile".
4. Scroll down to where it says "Upload Personal Image" and click on "Browse". This is where you will browse for the picture you saved earlier. Select that picture and click on "Open".
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit". If the image passed the size restrictions, then it should instantly appear on your profile. If it was too large, then you will need to go into a photo editing program to resize it so it's not larger than 50KB.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can tell iPhone is connected to the Internet over a cellular data network if you see , or in the status bar at the top of the screen.
Do you have problems connecting to any other wireless network with your iPhone?
Have you tried using the forget this network option on your iPhone for your wireless network followed by trying to connect to the network again, and/or using the reset network settings option on your iPhone which erases all previously saved wi-fi connections that you have successfully connected to with your iPhone? Let me know....
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
telecharger and installer this program i phone PC Suite http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/08/20/iphone-pc-suite-compatible-with-firmware-20/ and pronsh your phone with one usb verifier if your phone is connected in the programe Click in system. Fix startup…..
I had this exact same frustrating problem. The problem was a simple password issue. Although I had changed the password on the modem to my own personal one, that password only affected the administrator settings. When I used this particular password on my iphone it would put the checkmark next to the 2wire, but I would not get the wifi symbol at the top of the screen.
I fixed the problem by using the 10-digit password supplied on the actual router instead. I told my iphone to 'forget' the network, then reselected it and when it requested my password I typed in the 10 digit number and 'presto,' i had wifi symbology!
I hope this helps.
down the power button and home button simultaneously for 15 - 20
seconds then release. Soon after you may have to press the power button
again to restart the device. The iPhone
should reset itself without any loss of data. If it boots in recovery
mode ( you will be a cable on the screen ) you will need to connect to
itunes to restore the device.
This is most ofter the #1 solution to fix this issue. Hope it works for you.