The fan of my celsius H230 cracked down. now i want to replace it but somehow i dont figure how to remove the stupid case? can anyone help me?
Its alittle tricky. Have you ever removed laptop cases before?
If you have not I dont recomend it unless you are confident to follow instructions and do not loose any part that you remove from the laptop
If you are confident in following instructions and do not loose parts while disassembling the unit proceed to #1
1) Remove all screw with a perscision screw driver (a very small philips head screw driver) from the bottom of the case.
2) Remove the ram door and all other doors from the bottom of the unit
3) LOOK CAREFULLY to see if removing the bottom exposes the fan.
4) if not go to the front of the unit and remove the keyboard CAREFULLY
5) the keyboard ususally is screwed down so try lifting pannels carefully to see if they come loose.
At this point you MUST BE VERY CAREFULL to open this case. ANY BRUTAL FORCE TO OPEN THE CASE CAN CRACK THE CASE.
6) once you remove the keyboard, you should see the fan.
7) the fan is usually plugged into the motherboard, disconnect the fan and unscrew it out of the motherboard.
Hopefully you have the new fan on you
8) replace the fan with your new one and after you replug it into where the old one was, put eveything back to gether again VERY VERY CAREFULL making sure you put back every part and screw to where they were originaly are
After everything is completed, test the new fan by turning the unit.
Your new fan should work well. If it does not, either the motherboard needs replacing or your new fan is defective
Hope this helps
Mar 19, 2010 |
Fujitsu Siemens CELSIUS H230 Notebook