LG HDD/DVD recorder.
I cannot get timer recorder to function. I have checked time setting - correct. I have successfully set a programe to record, but it has not started. The start time has passed without anything happening. It is a new machine. Any help please?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the LG DVD recorder DRT389H which has the same problem. You can't switch off the subtitles during timer recording from the Electronic Programme Guide. The only way I could stop this was to go to the main set-up menu then select the A icon. Select DTV Subtitle and choose a language that the TV programme isn't broadcast in. I chose Gaelic. The only disadvantage is that this stops any subtitles being recorded so you can't access them later.
This sometimes happens when a disk is not formatted prior to recording .. the DVD is telling you it cant record on it at the time you want because it would have to format first and then start recording so missing the times you have set .
Best thing to do is use re- recordable discs only and format prior to use then the dvd should start straight away .
If not then the set has a serious read problem and requires looking at by a qualified engineer ... Regards Vortash
Somehow, my HDD/DVD recorder recorded correctly 2 times last night, even if I did not do anything specific to fix. I will keep an eye on new occurences of this problem, but it appears at the moment that the issue disappeared by itself.
This is more a work-around than a solution, as the unit is failing to function normally; however, having the identical problem I observed that the unit is failing to power on at 2:00 minutes before beginning recording, a necessary step to record to DVD.
My work-around is the following:
1) Set up the timer, inputting necessary date, time, etc. as normal. With the unit still powered on, start the timed recording mode by pressing timer set, as normal. You will see the red clock icon and the DVD logo iluminate on the VFD.
2) Press the Standby-On power button. This will power the unit on in VCR mode. You should at this time be unable to switch from VCR to DVD mode since the DVD is still in timer mode. LEAVE THE UNIT POWERED ON in this manner. The timer will function and the DVD will record normally.
I have no clue why my unit suddenly forgot how to power up on its own in order to record to DVD. If anyone has an answer for that one please post!
Check to see that you have not changed the default choice for input on power up of the box the "timeshift default device". If you have it set to front or rear CVBS or S-video input, it may ignore the channel choice you make when setting up the recording. tom