Question about Compaq iPAQ H3630 Pocket PC
I have tried updating my 3630 with your softpaq SP22898 via
serial cable and cradle, backup worked fine but the update will
not work leaving the ipaq dead. Can still access parrot mode
with similar lack of success using softpaq and same error 105.
Have tried upgrading microsoft activesync to version 4.5 but
again, same port error. Update utility is version 1.13. Please
provide some help, I am completely stuck with a useless ipaq
(although the parrot is very pretty!).
Compaq iPAQ h3630
Resetthe iPAQ H3000 and Clear Memory
Resetting the iPAQ
Ifyour iPAQ H3000 responds slowly, stops responding as expected, or“freezes,” try resetting it. A reset causes the iPAQ H3000 to restartand re-adjust memory allocation. Unsaved data in open windows may belost. Use the stylus to press and hold the Reset button for about twoseconds.
NOTE:Do not turn off your iPAQ as it must remain on in order to reset.
Ifyou want to clear all data from your iPAQ H3000 and return it to thefactory settings, you should clear the memory.
Clearingmemory deletes all data and restores the iPAQ H3000 to its defaultsettings. Programs installed at the factory remain, while data you havecreated and programs you have installed are erased.
1.Using the stylus, slide open the On/Off door on the base of the iPAQH3000.
2.Slide the On /Off switch to the Off position using the stylus. Waitabout one minute, then slide the switch to the On position.
3. Close the Battery On/Off doorusing the stylus.
ipaq H3630 how to do a hard reset - compaq_ipaq_h3000_hard_reset_soft_reset_2.jpgads/images/compaq_ipaq_h3000_hard_reset_soft_reset_2.jpg" alt="compaq_ipaq_h3000_hard_reset_soft_reset_2.jpg" class="h_mi" />
NOTE:Use CF Backup/Restore or ActiveSync to keep a backup of your iPAQ dataso that if you need to clear memory, you can restore the data on youriPAQ.
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2008 | HP iPAQ HX4700 Pocket PC
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Aug 25, 2017 | HP iPAQ H1945 Pocket PC
Jul 29, 2008 | Compaq iPAQ H3650 Pocket PC
Sep 10, 2007 | Compaq iPAQ H3630 Pocket PC
Sep 12, 2005 | Compaq iPAQ H3660
Jun 04, 2006 | Compaq iPAQ H3630 Pocket PC
814 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: