Question about D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, QoS (DSL-2640B)
Can you please advice me what's the problem with my d-link 2640 as after i configured the status LED still blink? Is it the reason why I cannot connect to network?
The light internet must be solid, but the light of "activity" will be blinking according of your activity
If you can not get connection, check your settings.
When entering the IP address of the D-Link modem (192.168.1.1 for example), you are not connecting to a website on the Internet or have to be connected to the Internet. The device has the utility built-in to a ROM chip in the device itself.
Note: Your computer must be on the same IP subnet to connect to the web-based utility.
Here are a a few steps to try if you are unable to access the web-based configuration utility:
1. Make sure you have an updated Java-enabled web browser.
We recommend the following:
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
• Netscape 8 or higher
• Mozilla 1.7.1 (5.0) or higher
• Opera 8.5 or higher
• Safari 1. or higher (with Java 1.3.1 or higher)
• Camino 0.8.4 or higher
• Firefox 1.5 or higher
2. Verify physical connectivity by checking for solid link lights on the device. If you do not get a solid link light, try using a different cable or connect to a different port on the device if possible. If the computer is turned off, the link light may not be on.
3. Disable any internet security software running on the computer. Software firewalls such as Zone Alarm, Black Ice, Sygate, Norton Personal Firewall, and Windows® XP firewall may block access to the configuration pages.
Note: Check the help files included with your firewall software for more information on disabling or configuring it.
4. Configure your Internet settings using the following steps:
Step 1 Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Step 2 Double-click the Network and Internet Connections Icon.
Step 3 Click on the Internet Options Icon.
Step 4 From the Security tab, click the Default Level button to restore the settings to their defaults.
Step 5 Click the Connection tab and set the dial-up option to Never Dial a Connection.
Step 6 Click the LAN Settings button. Make sure nothing is checked. Click OK.
Step 7 Go to the Advanced tab and click the Restore Defaults button to restore these settings to their defaults. Click OK.
Step 8 Close your web browser (if open) and open it.
Step 9 Access the web management. Open your web browser and enter the IP address of your D-Link modem in the address bar. This should open the login page for your the web management.
Step 10 If you still cannot access the configuration, unplug the power to the modem for 10 seconds and plug back in. Wait about 30 seconds and try accessing the configuration. If you have multiple computers, try connecting using a different computer.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2012 | Routers
May 18, 2010 | Routers
Nov 25, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
May 01, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Nov 24, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Aug 31, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
410 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: