Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Parts help needed PLEASE! Sansui SX-700 Amplifier/Tuner

Hi, I have one of the above units, which apparently needs an amplifier circuit board for the left channel which was damaged when hooked up incorrectly.

I'm no stereo or electronics buff, in fact am quite ignorant. All I know is the amp is not going, a local repairs shop said I needed a circuit board but would be impossible to find. I love the sound, would love to be able to repair it, but am kinda stuck.

I am from New Zealand, and would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks kindly,


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,234 Answers

These boards won't be available any more, but the board should be repairable. Unfortunately most shops these days only replace boards they do not perform compoent level repairs. I don't know of any repair shops in your area since I'm in the USA. Try posting a question to Robotek who resides in Australia. I know thats no too close, but it is closer than me. Otherwise, search the web for a service manual as will I. This can be repaired. I suspect that the output transistors are shorted and perhaps the driver circuit needs repair as well. None of these areas are difficult to repair for anyone with audio repair experience at the component level. Perhaps we can repair this over the net if you can solder...


Posted on Aug 29, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a sansui home theatre model no san0310 and everything works but there is no volume coming from head unit, there is no blown fuses

Your unit, most likely has a condition known as DC Offset(a damaged amplifier) The microprocessor(computer inside your Sansui), with with the condition above, will not allow any sound until it's repaired. If you are interested in having your Sansui repaired, please visit my website at BTW, I was a Sansui authorized service center for over 20 years. Thank you.

Sep 04, 2015 | home Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Unit will not power up

I am afraid the entire circuit board is screwed this happens because you have shorted the device by interchanging the + and - terminals. You will need to replace it.. It has happened once with me too..

Mar 04, 2008 | Pioneer GEX-P910XM Satellite Radio...

1 Answer

What type of connection wires do I need to connect a sansui au 9900a intergrated amplifier,and the tu9900 stereo turner to a kenwood multi cd player and a JVC td- w 5th double cassette.

You need cable called RCA. What goes out of one unit goes in to another. Get the owner manual and read it. It will show you how to connect the wires to the components.

Connect the RCA jack to to tuner input in back. CD player to the aux in back.

Try this:

Sep 29, 2014 | Sansui Vintage Tu-9900 Legendary Amazing...

1 Answer

How do i get a cd player to hook up to a sansui au 9900a amplifier as well as the sansui tu 9900 tuner

You can connect the CD player to the amplifier using a standard set of RCA cables (left and right channel / red & white connectors). Connect the CD output to an input on the amplifier (usually one designated for CD or possibly "Aux") Then select this input source in order on the Amplifier.

There would be no reason to connect the CD player to a Tuner. Not even sure a tuner whould have any inputs in order to connect a CD player.

Sep 29, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I bought a sansui hifi HT 2500 EX and have a problem with fm pick up. we stay in a flat with minimum signal, my previos hi fi' s had 2 points connetion on fm and worked perfect (signal pick up)

Hi i know this is off the topic but,do you have a remote for your reciever if possible will you upload a picture and model number of the remote please

Jul 25, 2014 | Sansui Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Hi, The right channel of my quad 909 amplifier doesn't work anymore. I replaced the fuse (FS2) of the channel which was blown. Unfortunately, it blew again after replacement. What is causing this and...

These are relatively simple designed units that produce clear sound. The output transistors are the most likely parts that are defective. Usually when those short, other parts in the driver circuit go as well. While simple for those with experience, it is difficult to state what exact parts will need to be replaced without seeing the actual unit and taking internal measurements. If you have no experience with audio repair, please seek professional assistance. It is easy to cause further damage if improper repairs are attempted.

In this case, the parts cost is likely to be in the $50 range.


May 12, 2011 | Quad 909 STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER Amplifier

1 Answer

Broken on/off switch on Onkyo TX-822/811 Tuner Amplifier

www.oaktreent. com

might have spare onkyo parts

Mar 22, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Need a volume and balance switch for a sansui G-8700DB receiver

If this is an older unit, Samsung is no longer supplying parts for older units. They were bought over and it is no longer the same company.

You will have to send the amplifier to a shop that can do custom work and retrofit a new set of pots to the amplifier. They will use industrial parts and modify them to mechanicaly fit.

Jerry G.

May 04, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I have a Harman Kardon 700 Series amp/pre-amp/tuner system that I want to get repaired ( an HK 770 Twin Torroidal Ultra Wideband DC Amplifier, a matching HK 725 Pre-Amplifier, and a matching HK 710 Tuner)...

This will take a little homework on your part, but parts for this might be available. I don't kow your model well enough to know whether or not the power switch is generically available. Any possibility you can post a picture? Manufacturers are only required to maintain spare parts for 5-7 years after they stop selling that model. If the part is generic enough, other distributors will carry replacements. If all you need is the power switch, you stand a good chance that a replacemetn is available.
Keep me posted,

Apr 08, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer


Hi Theaternut,


Best guess is that your source button or whichever button changes from cd, to Tuner, to usb, to Card, is shorted, and needs cleaning.  Its like the button is always pushed.


see if you can carefully dsiassembly the reciever to get to the circuit board behind the button I speak of, and clean it.

Oct 19, 2007 | Jensen 100W x 4 Amplifier KA5 Car Audio...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

303 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5309 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74887 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides