Question about Computers & Internet
The yellow cable (CAT5) is giving you your internet connection
you will need to follow some steps:
1) Access the routers GUI (usualy by going to a web-page in your Internet explorer EG 192.168.0.1 check the manual)
2) make sure that wireless is enabled on the router + DHCP is enabled
3) at this stage set wireless security here as well (to stop unwanted use of your broadband and people hacking your PC)
4) make sure that the laptop wireless is switched on, sometimes there is both a physical on/off switch and a software/keyboard enable/disable button, disconnect the Yellow network cable
5) go to control panel:network connections
6) right click on the wireless connections icon and then view available wireless networks
7) if you see your network then highlight it and click connect
8) enter the security password (if any) which you set in step3 above.
let me know how you get on
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2012 | EnGenius ESR-1221 EXT Router
Dec 30, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Sep 27, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Aug 19, 2009 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
Jul 10, 2009 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Apr 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Nov 01, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Oct 23, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Jul 13, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: