Question about Acer Aspire 7720 Notebook
Hey, i cant figure out how to replace my keyboard, i was wondering if the top panel with the power button pops off? or do I have to do something else? thanks
I had the same problem ... spilled a drink on my keyboard causing the keys to stick
1) Internet explorer browser always jumps to top of page even when trying to scroll page down
2) Windows explorer can't select any items except the top or upper most item or folder ... top item always stays selected
Fortunately, the keyboard is pretty easy to access. According to the service manual ...
1) Unplug the power cord from the wall and laptop
2) Remove the battery pack
3) Remove the lid covering the hard disk drive
4) Remove the hard disk drive and bracket assembly
5) Remove the 2 screws from the battery compartment
6) Unsnap the "Middle Cover" ... that's the small panel between the keyboard and LCD that has the power button located on it
7) The keyboard can now be gently lifted out
Download the User Manual ... SG_AS7720_7720G_BOOK.pdf ... click on the very small, almost hidden, looks like a legal disclaimer, link near the bottom of the page labeled, "Save file to your PC: click here" ...
Order a new keyboard ...
Part Name and Description
KEYBOARD 17KB-FV2 105KS WHITE US INTERNATIONAL
Acer Part No.
Google Shopping Search ... http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLL_en&q=Acer+Aspire+7720+Laptop+Keyboard&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
Note: If you have a different model Acer laptop, here is a link to more service manuals ... http://www.acer-userforum.de/allgemein/9558-100-service-guides-anleitungen-service-manuals.html ... you can find part numbers listed in those.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 19, 2010 | Acer Extensa 5420-5687 Notebook
Nov 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Feb 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
644 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: