Question about HP Photosmart 945 Digital Camera
My PC currently has 128MB of RAM. When working with large photo files in HP Image Zone photo software and other applications, it's still slow. Will adding another 128MB of RAM help me handle larger picture files?
Posted by Anonymous on
If you're working with photo files, there's probably no piece of hardware that will speed up the process more than lots of RAM. Anything beyond 128MB will dramatically streamline your workflow. Image-processing programs like HP Image Zone need much more RAM to work efficiently with large files. But the slow speed may be due to another culprit: fragmented hard drive files. If you have problems with speed when opening or closing a file, perhaps your image data is scattered all over your drive. The result? Your hard drive is spending all its time and energy gathering the data to feed your applications. Defragmenting the drive is the simple solution to tidying up your files. If the files aren't fragmented and more RAM doesn't do the trick, your hard drive may just be slow. Consider replacing it or adding a second, faster one to your system.
Posted on Sep 08, 2005
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Scan to an application
You can scan originals placed on the glass directly from the control panel.
1. Load the original face down on the right front corner of the glass.
User Guide 59
Use the scan features
2. In the Scan area, press Scan To.
The Scan To menu appears. The Scan To menu lists destinations, including
applications, for anything you scan. The default destination is the one you
selected the last time you used this menu.
The Scan To menu can be configured. You can designate which applications and
other destinations appear on the Scan To menu by using the HP Image Zone
software on your computer.
3. To select an application to receive the scan, press until the destination you
want appears on the control panel display, and then press Start Scan.
A preview image of the scan appears in the HP Scan window on the computer,
where you can edit it.
For more information about editing a preview image, see the onscreen HP Image
Zone Help that came with your software.
4. Make any edits to the preview image in the HP Scan window. When you have
finished, click Accept.
For more information on editing a scan in the HP Scan window, see the onscreen
HP Image Zone Help.
The HP All-in-One sends the scan to the selected application. For example, if you
chose the HP Image Zone, it automatically opens and displays the image.
If you don't have the HP solution center, you can download it from this link:
If you found this answer helpful, please remember to leave positive feedback.
Mar 01, 2011 | HP PSC 1610v All-in-One Printer
1. Let your PC boot up completely before opening any applications.
2. Refresh the desktop after closing any application. This will remove any unused files from the RAM.
3. Do not set very large file size images as your wallpaper. Do not keep a wallpaper at all if your PC is low on RAM (less than 64 MB).
4. Do not clutter your Desktop with a lot of shortcuts. Each shortcut on the desktop uses up to 500 bytes of RAM
5.Empty the recycle bin regularly. The files are not really deleted from your hard drive until you empty the recycle bin.
6. Delete the temporary internet files regularly.
7. Defragment your hard drive once every two months. This will free up a lot of space on your hard drive and rearrange the files so that your applications run faster.
8. Always make two partitions in your hard drive. Install all large Softwares (like PSP, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc) in the second partition. Windows uses all the available empty space in C drive as virtual memory when your Computer RAM is full. Keep the C Drive as empty as possible.
9. When installing new Software
Feb 05, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2011 | Nokia Cell Phones
Dec 25, 2010 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP G62 Notebook
Aug 30, 2010 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 26, 2009 | Intel D865GBF Motherboard
Jun 13, 2008 | HP 4570C Flatbed Scanner
Feb 25, 2008 | HP Scanjet 4070 Flatbed Scanner
Jan 23, 2007 | HP PSC 1315 All-in-One Printer
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!