- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. The Drum LED blinks if the drum unit is near the end of its life. Use the drum unit until you have a print quality problem, then replace the drum unit with a new one. 2. The Drum LED continues to blink if the drum counter was not reset when you replaced the drum. To reset the drum follow the instructions below: a. Open the front cover of the printer. b. Press and hold down the white button for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up. Once all 4 LEDs are lit, release the button. c. Close
I have the same problems with you guys, and none of the solutions above work. I solved Brother HL-2040 with the following tricks
1. Use the link below to process steps 1-4 and stop. http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/002500/000017/faq002517_001.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2040_all&Cat=11
2. Use screw driver to remove 3 screws on one side of the toner
3. From the small separate part after removed it from the toner, there is a small white adjustment (plastic), use your finger adjust to the opposite side. Put it back to the toner, and screw them back as original.
Have you already replaced the drum? If you have not replaced the drum that may be why you are getting smudges. If you have already replaced the drum, here is the reset procedure.
The Drum LED blinks if the drum unit is near the end of its life. Use the drum unit until you have a print quality problem, then replace the drum unit with a new one.
The Drum LED continues to blink if the drum counter was not reset when you replaced the drum. To reset the drum follow the instructions below:
Open the front cover of the printer.
Press and hold down Go button for about 4 seconds until al the LEDs light up. Once all 4 LEDs are lit, release the Go button.
Close the front cover.
CautionReset the drum counter only when you replaced the drum unit with a new one.Related Models
HL-2030, HL-2030R, HL-2040, HL-2040R, HL-2070N, HL-2070NR