An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Removing the control panel on the 1800XL to replace...
Unplug microwave. Remove the two phillips head screws from the top at the very front edge, allowing you to remove the top grill. This will give you access to the one remaining screw holding the control panel in place. Lift panel up a bit and you're in. Note: even an unplugged microwave can hold a nasty electrical charge if the bleeder resister inside the capacitor is bad. Be cautious and don't touch things unnecessarily.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is more than likely the magnetron is fried, to replace fuse! unplug microwave oven, remove top, "several screws" look to the right to the keypad control board, look down to a printed circuit board, clipped fuse should be near by, pop it out and replace with same current rating, assemble before testing, "lethal voltages present"
If the microwave control panel doesn't light up, then your fuse is blown. unplug the microwave. unscrew the vent grill, (2) screws at the top of the microwave. then you should see 1 screw holding the control panel. after removing that screw, gently push up then out. there should be a metal plate on top of the control panel. remove that plate and the fuse will be in that opening. remove the fuse and check for continuity across the fuse. Replace fuse and microwave should begin working.
It's posible that since it was running empty, the magnetron overheated
and a thermal cutout or thermostat located on the magnetron opened.
Magnetrons may be protected by a thermostat, which will reset when it cools, or a
thermal fuse, which is a one-time use device. It is also possible that
in some cases, a thermostat will fail when opened.
In the worst case the magnetron may be damaged due to running empty.
Try to unplug your microwave then leave it for 1 hour the purpose is to reset and drain stored current after 1 hour plug it again ,if still notworking there something wrong inside. Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows,you need to replaced it or you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.