Question about Lexmark Printers & Copiers
SOURCE: Lexmark X5470 scanner problem
I have the same problem. I cannot scan in WiFi to this laptop but can with the USB cable. Even with the USB cable it says that it is downloading the application list and the "cannot retrieve application list."
I have Paperport Pro 11 software for scanning. I am able to use the interface with the USB.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
I found that updating the drivers, off Lexmark's website, took care of the problem --
Good luck --
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark 5400 series
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button. The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button. “Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
Fiend your solution direct from Lexmark. Here is your solution
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Please follow the steps given below to update the scanner driver:
1. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
2 Click the Hardware tab and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the scanner entry that is displaying a conflict.
4. Select Update Driver from the drop-down menu that appears. The Hardware Update Wizard appears.
5. Select Install from a list or specific location, then click Next.
6. Select the Don't search... option and then click Next.
7. Click Have Disk. The Install from Disk dialog appears.
8. Click Browse and select the Lexmark CD from the Look in drop-down list.
9. Double-click on Drivers.
10.Double-click click on Scan, select the lxbksxp file, and then click Open.
11.Click OK. The following screen appears:
12.Click Next to start the scanner installation.
13.When the installation is complete, click Finish to close the wizard.
Posted on Aug 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2012 | Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless...
Feb 10, 2011 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
Apr 22, 2010 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
May 09, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Dec 15, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
Nov 06, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 18, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
Jun 18, 2008 | Lexmark Z615 InkJet Printer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!