My JVC XV-523 DVD player won't get out of standby mode. When I press play two little dashes appear for a second but then it goes back to standby mode. When I press "open/close" the letters "Lo c" appear. I don't know if that's a code or just the screen messing up the word "Load". Either way, it still goes back to standby mode and the drawer will not open for me to put a DVD in the machine. Any ideas?
Hold in the StandBy/Power button do not un-press it this entire time. While pressing in StandBy/Power button then unplug the unit/DVD CD player from outlet and CONTINUE to press in StandBy/Power button. Holding StandBy/Power button for a full minute to minute and a half while unit is unplugged. After the full minute to minute and a half then let go of StandBy/Power button. After you have let the StandBy/Power button go (unpress) then plug the unit back into the outlet. It should now come out of the Stand By frozen mode and the drawer for DVD/CD should open when you press eject and the unit should work again.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Stuck on Standby
Do a hard reset. Unplug it from the socket, the DVD and leave disconnected for 4 hours. This may or may not help, but it is a necessary step to restore all internal software codes to their factory settings.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi, Try the following to make your dvd player region free
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray. 2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet. 3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys, simultaneously on the player and not the remote control. 4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display) 5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys. 6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote. 7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E. 8.
Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits
until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for Region
2 or 0404 for Region 4. 9. Press Enter on the player. 10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds. 11.
Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you
requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting,
you may have to hard select the appropriate region. ok
When you press the eject botton while pressing down the stop botton on the unit in
standby mode, the tray lock function is activated. The disc tray
cannot be opened or closed in this status. To release this
status, press the eject botton while pressing down the stop botton on the unit in standby
Hi there, I just had the same problem with my daughter, looked in the manual and it says to hold down the stop button and press the eject button on the unit. That should unlock it, its the same procedure to lock it, in case you want to prevent you daughter from attempting to play biscuits!!
hi you can try this it been tested and will work if done correct we just tested this and had no problems unlocking this in the shop lol.
1. Power the player off.
2. Press and hold 'DVD Menu' and 'On Screen' on the player.
3. Power the player back on.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Press Standby. The display should now read either TEST 2, TEST 4, or
depending on the machine's current region setting.
6. Press DVD Menu twice on the player.
7. When the display reads 000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change
000 to 02E.
8. Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits
they read 0000 for Region Free, 0001 for Region 1, 0002 for Region 2 or 0004 for
NB: DO NOT Use Region 20!!!
9. Press Enter on the player.
10. Press Standby.
11. Wait 5 Second.
12. Press Standby again.
Some titles may not play in region free setting. If this happens select
JVC XV-S332SL, , XV-S402SL,
hey, this happened to me too. what you have to do is put it in standby mode, then press and hold the eject and stop button on the actual dvd player, the remote wont work doing this. this is how you can unlock and lock the dvds into the dvd player. why this is a feature jvc thought this needed im not exactly sure, but thats how you fix it.