Question about ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT (WL520G)
When you are connected to your modem, find out what your IP address is....(double click on the icon in the lower left corner of your monitor) under the support tab it will give you your IP address you are being issued from your ISP. Now go ahead and connect the router and then connect your pc to your router. Go to your web based settings of your router....(type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into an open browser window) admin is usually the username and password. From there you will want to go to "status"...make sure the same ip address was assigned to your router as it was assigned to your PC. If not you will have to release and renew to have your ISP re-assign to your new router. Within those settings ensure there is nothing prohibiting you from accessing the internet....your router will have a built in firewall as well as have mac filtering and certain other security settings. Let me know if this helps....once you have done this I will check back and assist you further if this is unsuccessful.
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
When the WL-520GU is powered on
- Holding the reset button for 15-20 seconds will cause the WL-520GU to reboot.
- Upon reboot, a pressed reset button causes the WL-520GU to go into firmware restoration mode. This does NOT reset the defaults (see the section below for more information on the firmware restoration mode).
- Since there is little to no warning of the exact instant the WL-520GU will reboot when holding the reset button, chances are extremely good that the reset button will still be depressed and cause the WL-520GU to go into firmware restoration mode. Hard booting the WL-520GU will get the WL-520GU back, but settings will NOT be reset.
When the WL-520GU is booting
- Holding the reset button during the boot sequence will reset the unit to its defaults.
- Care must be taken to press the reset button right after the power light turns off immediately after powering on the WL-520GU and not before, to avoid going into firmware restoration mode.
Based on the above, it should be fairly self-evident that the following procedure is recommended for using the reset button on the WL-520GU.
- Unplug the WL-520GU
- Plug in the WL-520GU
- The power light will blink
- As soon as the power light turns off, press and hold the reset button
- Hold the reset button until the power and wireless buttons glow green.
- The WL-520GU should now be reset to its defaults
Jan 20, 2013 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Apr 29, 2011 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Jan 04, 2011 | Linksys SR224 (srw224) 2x1000 Mbps...
Jan 04, 2011 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Dec 29, 2010 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Sep 12, 2010 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Feb 10, 2010 | Arris SB5100 SURFboard DOCSIS 2.0 Cable...
Aug 23, 2009 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Jun 22, 2008 | ASUS WIRELESS ROUTER |WL-520G - RT...
Jan 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: