When i plug my ipod into my computer via the usb, it cannot seem to sync with my computer.
in itunes, "the sync ipod" function is greyed out and i cannot seem to download any music.
I don't even think my ipod is recognized.
My ipod says connected but nothings happening.
Im running on itunes 7.1.1
You may want to try restoring your ipod. When you go to the page that should have a picture of your ipod. You push the button on the top that says Music. When you push it, it has a bunch of options. Click on the box that says sync music. When you push it the ipod restarts and downloads the music back and more. It worked for me and was very simple to follow.
I already experienced that problem.... the problem is the motherboard of the computer you are using... make sure that the motherboard of the computer you are using is ASUS... ASUS and Apple nano ipod seem to be compatible with each other...
Try pluging in the iPod and when it does not sync press F1, this tells the computer to update any USB port but usually doen't work. Then try reseting the iPod while plugged in. You do this by holding the Menu and Middle button for five seconds. Also go into my computer to see if your iPod has shown up there. I think that a 4th Gen Nano would still be under warrenty. Make an appointment to the Apple store's Genious Bar. If it doesn't sync there, they may replace it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello by adding to your account I'm guessing you want to be able to sync music that you've purchased via itunes. If you plug in your ipod and signed in under that account on the computer it should sync over if not you may need to go into "store" button at the top of itunes and authorize account for that comuter
1. Plug the ipod USB cable into the bottom of the iPod Nano.
2. Plug the other end of the iPod USB cable into a free USB port on a Mac or PC computer.
3. Open the iTunes application by clicking on the Dock icon on a Mac or using the Start menu on a PC.
4. Click on the name of your iPod Nano under the "Devices" list in the iTunes window.
5. Click on the "Sync" button to establish a connection between your iPod and the computer.
6. Click on the eject symbol next to your iPod's name after the syncing process has finished.
7. Unplug your iPod Nano. The device will be unlocked and you will be able to access all normal features again.
only 3rd generation iPod nanos can play video, and the video must be mp4, you can use itunes to sync video to ipod nano, just follow those steps: 1. Open iTunes and click "File" to add your videos to iTunes library. 2. plug in your iPod Nano to computer, then iTunes will detect your iPod Nano as a device. 3. Select your iPod Nano device on the left panel of iTunes, click "Movies" tab, check the videos you want to sync and click "Apply"
To sync games automatically to iPod nano, connect your iPod to your computer. Then...
1) In iTunes, select iPod nano in the source list and click the Games tab. 2) Select “Sync games.” 3) Click “All games” or “Selected games.” If you click “Selected games,” also select the games you want to sync. 4) Click Apply.
Well if you bought it off of ebay or some other internet site you might have bought a clone ipod that only syncs with windows media player, but if you bought it from a certified Apple reseller than I dont think I know. goodluck !
Hi, Your iPod touch should not appear in my computer. Does it appear in iTunes? If so, then that is all that you need to sync. If iTunes does not open automatically, click on it to open it. you should see your iPod there. Hope that that helps.
Use iTunes 8 to sync or delete songs, photos, etc.
Just connect the iPod to computer, download iTunes 8 from the internet, open iTunes 8, and then double-click on the icon of the iPod Nano to Sync files to your Nano.
The manual for the iPod Nano can be found at www.apple.com/support