I have a friend who got an optio s4. Couple days ago her LCD screen started to have white stripes appear on them. You can no longer see the pictures clearly. The pics she takes are still ok when viewed on the computer. I don't know if there's something in the secret menu that could be the cause, or is the lcd completely broken and have to be sent to pentax now? Thanks for your help guys.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TIPS: 1.)NEVER PUSH THE LENS IN AFTER CAMERA DIES, BUY A NEW BATTERY IMMEDIATLY AND TURN IT BACK ON, CLOSING THE LENS!
2.)NEVER USE AN AC ADAPTER, USE A RECHARGEABLE BATTERY OR A REGULAR BATTERY!
..to fix this...
Do as i say..
1.) Remove battery 2.) Remove front plate (screw driver may be needed) 3.) Check all gears, make sure they are correctly fitted in place) 4.) Move the gear manually to make the lens come out. 5.) keep it out, put the front plate back together. 6.) reinsert the battery, turn it on.
or... 1.) Remove the battery. 2.) Wait about 6-8 hours. 3.) Reinsert the battery.
or... 1.) Remove the battery. 2.) Try hooking it up through AC adapter, put correct voltage. 3.) Try turning it on. 4.) Remove AC adapter, reinsert battery. 5.) Turn it on.
i had the same problem after letting the battery run very low. when i turn the power on, the camera beeps and turns off after a few seconds, the lens would not extend. i took it to a shop in china and they fixed it for about $25USD. i had the camera for 5 year now but it was worth $25 to get it fixed.
have you turned the camera ON after connecting the cables? Next, does this USB port on the computer work with other USB devices such as memory sticks?
My O555 has a USB socket that feels really "fragile" and I fear I will damage the socket with improper insertion (alignment seems touchy). I bought an external USB card reader and am really happy with that. You don't use up battery power transferring your files. Much better solution, IMO.