Question about Gateway Wireless-B Router (wbr-100)
I just bought me a new toshiba and i have a wireless homephone and broadband network i can connect to the internet via cable but not wireless .although my ip cant help me and the guy that sold me the thing cant either i need help ive spent sooo much money and still cant achieve what i set out to do
You need to make sure that your laptop has a wireless card in it and if it's working properly. if it has a wireless card already, the wireless card should automatically detect your wireless router (the wireless icon is usually located at the bottom right hand corner of your screen) and you just need to connect using the correct wireless settings (ssid and wireless security).you need to also check if the wireless capability of the router is enabled. make sure to check if the wireless light on the router is on.
here are the steps on how to check the wireless settings of the router
- open a web browser using a computer connected to the router via cable. enter http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar.
- it will prompt you to enter a username and password, use "admin"
- it will now promt you with your router's screen, go to the wireless section
- check the wireless settings like the wireless name/ssid that are listed there since that would be settings that you need to use on your laptop (note: you can change the wireless name/ssid to something that you can remember easily and just saev the settings)
- check also the wireless security if it's enabled
hope this'll help you
Posted on Aug 29, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2010 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
Dec 08, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 26, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Oct 21, 2009 | Microsoft Broadband Networking MN-500...
Aug 21, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Dec 19, 2008 | Acer D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Router 802.11b...
Dec 07, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 30, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jun 24, 2008 | Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
398 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: