Question about Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2012 | Lexmark X4550 Multifunction Wireless Color...
Apr 11, 2010 | Lexmark X4550 Multifunction Wireless Color...
Apr 02, 2010 | Lexmark X4550 InkJet Printer
Sep 29, 2009 | Lexmark X4550 InkJet Printer
Sep 25, 2009 | Lexmark X4550 Multifunction Wireless Color...
Jul 26, 2009 | Lexmark X4550 InkJet Printer
Aug 06, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
May 29, 2014 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!