Question about Photography

1 Answer

Nikon F3 rewind knob

I need a rewind knob and crank for a nikon F3...... where can i find one?

Richard LaMarre

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Nikon usa still provides parts for Nikon f3 cameras. You can order by phone at : 310-414-8107. They are very helpful and take great care of Nikon owners,

Posted on Jan 09, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Nikon f3 jamming

As you haven't given any specific details regarding exactly how your camera is jamming then the only answer is that your camera needs a professional strip down and clean.

If you're lucky then the jam is simply due to the camera being old and gummed-up due to dried-out lubricant films, but it could also be due to parts failing due to wear and tear.

The F3 is definitely not suited to DIY repairs, and a freshly-serviced and functional F3 should be good for many more years of service. There are also plenty of them about, so repairers are familiar with them and will usually have a stock of new and used spare parts.

The only thing you can try is to see whether the jamming occurs with just one particular lens. If so then it's the lens which needs servicing/replacement rather than the camera, but a preventative CLA (Clean, Lubricate, Adjust) service on the F3 would still be advisable as they were intended to be regularly serviced. If the camera has its original foam light seals and mirror buffer then they will also be either decayed into sticky corrosive black goo by now or have gone further and dried-out and crumbled away. A routine CLA will usually include seal and buffer replacement as a one-off additional cost and as modern materials do not decay it should never need doing again.

Sep 24, 2011 | Nikon Photography

1 Answer

Removing Nikon FM2N top plate

Unscrew the rewind knob and remove a circlip under it (You may need to grind the tips of a pair of round-nose pliers for this). Remove the disk and pull the rewind shaft stop off the hub (a spring and flat plate). Remove the two screws. You'll need a special tool to remove the little stud the shaft stop was pivoting on. Take a 1/8 inch screwdriver and grind a slot in the blade. Use this tool to remove the stud, then remove the three screws from the plastic cover ring.

Do not remove the center screw from the shutter speed dial. Remove three screws from the side of the dial and pull off the grip ring. 

Jul 08, 2010 | Nikon Photography

1 Answer

How do u get the camera 2 rewind

Usually the automatic rewind starts when the film roll has come to the end. You can rewind also before that by a rewinding button you'll find usually somewhere in the camera body.

To rewind manually, press the film release button (consult the manual if you don't find it) and use the rewinding lever to rewind the film. See this for inspiration:

Jun 19, 2010 | Nikon Photography

1 Answer

What does the blinking E in the Nikon n65 mean?

It means "Film remains in the camera after film rewind complete."

If this is happening after shooting, the remedy is simple: open the camera and remove the film. If this is happening right after loading the film, then you've got a more serious problem: the camera is rewinding the film upon loading.

Mar 03, 2010 | Nikon Photography

1 Answer

How to open filnm compartment of old 35mm nikon

Is it an SLR model?

I am not familiar with Nikons; however, Minolta and Canon SLR film camera's film compartments are opened by lifting up on the film rewind mechanism on the top left side of the camera.

If the Nikons are designed like Minolta and Canon, there will be a small tab to push in at the bottom of the camera. This releases the film and allows it to be rewound. At the top left will be a small rewind lever that is used to do the rewind. The part of the camera that the rewind lever is attached to is pulled up to open the back of the camera.

Oct 14, 2009 | Photography

1 Answer


The F2 has a door knob on the bottom cover. Flip out the handle and rotate it counter clockwise to open.

Apr 07, 2009 | Nikon Photography

1 Answer

Nikon F3 w/MD4 motor drive...Not working!

Check to see if the manual shutter release (the one that is to the left of the lens when you look at the camera head on) is not cocked and ready. It should have its lever resting against the lens collar. Since this is the manual release of 1/80 second, this can sometimes be the cause of the problem. Also, make sure the shutter speed dial is set to something other than the 80 speed.

Since you can get a reading on the light meter, its likely not a power issue, plus the F3 is capabale of pulling power either from the drive or from the battery compartment.

Sometimes the electronic F3 shutter button can seize due to lack of exercise. The curtains won't need placing unless they are worn, but the switch may need replacing.

Dec 10, 2008 | Photography

1 Answer

Broken rewind tab for Nikon EM 35mm SLR

If you can locate the parts, sure, it's an easy DIY. Ebay or USCamera will likely have a knob. The bad news is they are kind of pricy. 10-20 dollars for the part.

May 10, 2008 | Photography

1 Answer

Film rewind

For some reason the camera thinks it is at the end of the roll. You could turn off auto rewind, Custom Menu #1, to 0. This issue could manifest itself in cold weather as well, film becomes too stiff causing drag tripping the auto rewind. Call Nikon Film 1-800-645-6687. The camera may need to go in for CLA.

Feb 06, 2008 | Nikon F100 with 28-80 and 70-300 lens 35mm...

1 Answer

Want to remove top plate of nikon fe

It's not very easy- you have to remove the rewind knob and dials at the left end of the cover and the speed dial and winder arm at the right side. Then the 5 small screws around the cover.
It is a delicate task because under the cover there are some very sensitive electronics. If you are determined to go ahead with it then your best bet might be to get a service manual.

Nov 16, 2007 | Photography

Not finding what you are looking for?
Photography Logo

Related Topics:

165 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Photography Experts


Level 3 Expert

98694 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2598 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13732 Answers

Are you a Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides