Have this model and the touchpad stopped working. Just prior both light bulbs above stove burned out (at different times). i just waited a bit to replace them. I read someplace that that could cause this problem - I went out today to buy replacements - installed them - unplugged unit for about 5 min and replugged it in, but same problem.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: Amana ACO1860AS microwave
(I'm answering this directly via e-mail, too, but would still appreciate your kind rating)
We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which
we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament
shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first
unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a
failure on the controller.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
Feel free to contact me directly for more information & help.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
what problem do you have mention ? attached is there a list please indicate. God bless you
No Lights or Power, Unit seems Dead The voltage to the unit is good.Lights come on, but can not program unit, Touchpad dead Microwave Runs, but no Heat Turntable rotates, acts like it is heating but doesn't. This is the big one, many possibilities. Microwave Runs, Heats, but turntable does not move Microwave is arcing Microwave Vent Hood is not working Over The Range(OTR) Models. Microwave Stove Light not Working OTR models, light bulbs good. Microwave overheats and keeps turning off
You're describing a common smell that goes along with a magnetron tube that has failed. The magnetron tube makes the microwaves, and will eventually fail if you keep a microwave long enough. They can fail in a couple of different ways, and one is to short out accompanied by that burning smell. It's probably not worth trying to repair your oven because of its age. I don't believe the magnetron is available any longer. If it is, it will be costly, and replacing the tube is best left to a professional because of safety concerns. Your most economical choice would be to replace the oven.
Call Amana customer service. Microwave ovens should be able to handle the high humidity you are talking about. Here's the contact information:
Have your complete model number ready. You can find your model number and serial number on the label located on the upper or lower front facing of the microwave oven opening, behind the door. For assistance or service, call 1-800-843-0304. If you need further assistance, you can write to Amana with any questions or concerns at: Amana Brand Home Appliances Customer eXperience Center 553 Benson Road Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
That model would be ACO1860AS-, not AC01860AS by the way. That will make it easier to find info on it.
Chances are the heat from the stove top (when used without having the hood vent exhaust fan on as required) has blown the bottom thermostat/thermistor (called "Thrmst-fix" on the part list) or maybe the oven cavity thermostat.
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
our Web site, we have a video
available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can find
helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full
model number here.
Accessing some components for testing and possible replacement will require you to remove the oven from the wall.
so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have
two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
Your owner's manual includes the installation instructions and can be downloaded here.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
i know this is going to make no sense . but in my samsung service cd it is in BOLD PRINT YOU MUST DISCONECT POWER BEFORE REPLACEING BULBS , OR DAMAGE TO TIMER WILL RESULT ! the first time you changed them did you disconect power ? if not , your board might be toast , $$$$$$$$$
just aquired one just like it for free. they said no heat. took the outer cover off. about 12 screws. pull the main fuse and test it with a continuity tester.thats probably not it if the lights work. its either the magnatron (toshiba 2m248j(gs) or replacement part amana 8205460. mine was a coroded magnatron connection.unplugged it and pluged it back in. heats fine now. if you left it on with nothing in it for any length of time you blew the magnetron. universal magnatron replacements on ebay are $25. 4 screws and a 2 prong connector.