Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
No problem, you're a mere 17 steps away from creating a high-quality document using Canon's cutting-edge OCR software!
1. Load doc onto platen.
2. Press "SCAN" button.
3. Make sure "DOCUMENT" bar is yellow and press "OK" button.
4. Make sure "SCAN TO PC" button is yellow and press "OK" button.
5. Press "BLACK" button (w/ white diamond on it) located under the word "START" (might take a couple of tries as this button tends to stick a little.)
6. On computer screen, find image of doc that was just scanned and select it by clicking on little check box under image so a check appears. MAKE SURE NO OTHER DOCS ARE SELECTED AND/OR DE-SELECT THEM NOW.
7. On computer screen, find "double chevron" bar in lower left-hand corner and click on it.
8. Click on "EDIT/CONVERT."
9. Click on "CONVERT TO TEXT FILE."
10. This will bring up a new window. Click on the "blue arrow" with "1-2-3" next to it, located in upper left-hand corner of computer screen.
11. This will bring up a new window with three buttons to choose from. Click on the middle button, which says "PROCESS ALL UNRECOGNIZED PAGES"
12. This should start the OCR process and bring up a new window.
13. At this point, I just hit "CANCEL" and highlight & copy the OCR text by myself. (This will allow you to get around the "SPECIFY PROGRAM" program you referred to in your post.)
14. Then I open a new doc in Word (or whatever word processing program you use) and paste it directly into the new doc.
15. Then I save it into whatever folder I need to save it in.
16. Make sure to read through the doc and correct any OCR typos and/or "artifacts."
17. Save one more time to make sure you don't lose your work and you're done!
OPTIONAL 18th STEP: Open a beer and do a big bong hit -- you've earned it, soldier!
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
Just click below;
Quick Start Guide File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Canon PIXMA MP470 series Photo All-in-One Quick Start Guide. ...... use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to convert it to text data. ...
Hope this may help;
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Apr 22, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP240 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP210 InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 11, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
733 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: