Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
I have a netgear router the two wired and one of the wireless connections are working. I don't know how to fix the other wireless. I have tried setting up a wireless network, but I'm doing something wrong. the net gear connection will not even open.
1. make sure that the wireless card is properly installed in your computer. (if it is a laptop, make sure that the wireless switch is on).
2. make sure that the distance of the wireless router and wireless pc is not very far
3. if you know the wireless configuration of your router proceed with number 4, if not see my note below.
4. right click the wireless icon on the pc, choose 'view available wireless network' or connect to a network.
5. check if your SSID is showing. If it is showing and it says secured, click on it and enter your encryption (either WPA or WEP or WPA2).
6. if SSID is not showing, go to the router configuration page and change your channel. play around with your channel until your non working pc sees the SSID.
note(checking router configuration): on the wired pc, open internet explorer browser, type http://192.168.0.1 (default username is admin & password is password or 1234) Note: if you changed your ip address or password on the router, use that.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
My tg585 v8 wifi wireless LEDlight is orenge its OK orNO
Posted on Apr 03, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 23, 2011 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 24, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 07, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 22, 2010 | NetGear WNR1000 Router
Oct 10, 2009 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Jun 26, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Apr 25, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Feb 11, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
202 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: