My reciever resets every so often when i am scrolling through my guide, when it resets it shows 88:88 on the display and makes that pop sound(like when you unplug it), then the display goes all black for about 8 seconds then it shows up on my tv again but the guide has to load which takes forever. This is a huge pain, and it kind of deters me from seeing what else is on. Is my problem from my cable supplier, the hookup, or the box? I am using the DVI out to connect to my tv if that helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) have you tried changing that box in that room to another and the box from the other to this room. That may give you an idea of either power or signal strength issue.
2) after it resets does a "dl" show up on the box front. if so it is trying to download a firmware/software update and everythime you power cycle it starts over.
3) turn the box off then hit select and go to option 8. there should be 4 modules enabled.
4) you may need a new box
clock should reset on its own from the system. if you mean have it show up on the front. while on press menu twice. chose "setup" then "cable box" then front led display press the right or left arrow (will show one option to push next to the choice.
I had the same problem just now. Just leave it turned on for a while and let the box download the guide and menu information. Then after about 5 minutes you should be able to start to see these menus. It may take a longer amount of time for the system to fully load.
This will only happen when the box has been unplugged for a very long period of time, or if it's brand new.
Once it downloads all the info it needs it should just work every time you turn it on.
My spouse dropped the remote & lost the "connection", I called the cable company who said to set the TV to Video 1 but after that didn't work. After some discussion about what was plugged into the DVR I was told I actually needed Component 1. That worked. Hope that helps.