- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Start out with just a few seconds if you are heating something and increase it if it isn't heated through, Sounds like the wattage is high on your unit or you are using too much time. Don't over do it. Just use a few seconds or a few minutes. Don't use the pre-sets if they are burning your food. Just punch in the seconds or minutes yourself until you learn how much time you need for the food you are cooking or heating.
Sorry to here about your problem! However, there is no easy fix for this problem this is a malfunction in the microwaves DPU circuit. I do hope that it is a new microwave under warranty as it is not worth fixing.
I hope this helped you please reply if this helped.
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food.
The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven.
Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace
the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing.
There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the
magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper
electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have
to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly
lengthy process however.
Fan turned on after cooking because a thermostat got to hot and tripped turning on the fan to try to cool the unit. The unit went completely dead when thermal fuse tripped which is located above the cavity on the left side.
Please try on some other power point as if there is loose contact or sparking in point which cause to switch off as soon as you start because of heavy current drawn by oven and clock also resets.
If not solved even then must have some short circuit or over loading in timer circuit or magnetron. in this case you have to call for a service engineer.