Question about Fellowes DM15C Shredder
NoviTech Paper Shredder
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Call Novitech at 1-866-238-2490 for parts.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Solution 1 worked for me. I unscrewed all 7 screws, pulled apart the cover carefully. Beware, there are wires attached. you can lay it side by side.
The activator is the white plastic thing. You need to make sure that it sticks out and as the paper goes from the top, through the cover, it hits the white activator.
At the end of the white activator, you see it has some plastic to push on the metal strip. This engages the forward motion. You'll here a click if you test the paper going through. This click is the sound of telling the motor to roll forward.
I think it got knocked out of place when I tried to insert a CD into it. Luckily, I didn't buy another shredder because of the Best Solution in this forum. So thanks for your help!
Posted on Aug 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2014 | Shredder Office Shredders
May 20, 2011 | Office Shredders
Feb 06, 2011 | Office Shredders
Oct 25, 2010 | HSM 104.2 StripCut Shredder
Apr 07, 2010 | Office Shredders
Feb 04, 2010 | Shredder Office Shredders
Sep 05, 2009 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
Jan 22, 2009 | Office Shredders
Feb 12, 2008 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
6,003 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: