An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Installing files directly to an SD card
You can use the HotSync process to install files directly to an SD card, rather than having install first to your devices internal memory then the SD card.
1. Insert an SD expansion card into device.
2. Launch the Install Tool on your desktop computer: from the Windows Start menu, choose Programs, then Palm or Handspring (dependin on your device), then Install Tool.
3. Make sure the correct user name is chosen from the pulldown menu at the top of the Install Tool window.
4. Drag and drop files from your hard drive into the Install Tool window.
File types supported on all devices:
* Palm OS applications (.prc)
* Palm OS database (.pdb)
Additional file types supported on certain devices:
* MP3 music (.mp3)
* Pictures (.jpg or .jpeg)
Please refer to your device's documentation to learn how to use these additional file types on your device, if applicable.
5. In the Install Tool, click on the file. Then click on the "Change destination" button at the bottom of the Install Tool window.
6. Move the file to the column for the SD card. Click OK.
7. Perform a HotSync operation.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. To save files received from bluetooth on sd card: Open messaging. Go to settings. Scroll to the end and select other settings.
Change the default memory to Memory card. It will ask to copy or move the messages and file from phone memory to sd card. Select move to memory card.
Now all files will go to sd memory card.
2. To save all applications to sd card, open ovi store, go to settings, change installation preference from phone memory to sd card
If your SD card has stopped working, it often caused by a corrupted or missing driver. The easiest way to correct this issue is by reinstalling the driver. Please follow the steps below for additional help in installing the SD Card reader driver.
1. Please go to this link. You will be directed to the Acer driver's download page.
2. Look for the CardReader section and download the latest driver.
3. Save the file to your desktop. After downloading, install the driver then restart your computer.
Format the SD card make sure the camera is set to place the new files on the SD card and not go to the internal memory. What I fully expect is the camera has defaulted to using the internal memory which is now full of files/pictures and needs to be set back to SD card. To get the pictures from the internal memory to your computer you need to load the pictures one by one from the internal memory to the SD card. Then take them from the SD card ether to a card reader to the computer or download them from the camera to the computer.
Heres how you can install iphone theme on your rokr :
Installing iPhone.lin Theme
*Requires LinLoader installed
1. Unrar the file. You will see it consists of a folder called .system. 2. Plug in the phone, then use Windows Explorer to copy the entire old .system folder from the SD card to a safe place on your PC (so can recover if necessary). [If you can not see the .system file then you do not have “View hidden files” on]. 3. Copy the entire .system folder from the rar file to replace the one on your SD card. 4. Unplug the phone from the PC and restart it. You should see a MPKG icon under Application Launcher on your phone. 5. You do NOT run this program by clicking it – rather you open files with extension *.pkg by holding the stylus on the file until a small menu displays. Select “Open With” and select MPKG.
[If you have already installed some programs on your SD card before installing MPKG then you should uninstall then before doing the above otherwise you will not be able to access them anymore (phone doesn't find them). You can reinstall them when complete]
i think that you should move the files that were not directly moved in the sd card (move those files to the sd card)cuz that always happen to me...then i did not understand the first question.. were you talking about downloading files and then those files werent put in ur sd card...cuz i have a solution for that..
Try purchasing a new SD memory card (brand name) and installing the files there. Sometimes the manufacture sends cheap SD cards and the data is easily lost in damaged or poorly made SD cards. I have a EVESHAM 2007 and installed the files from the original CDto a new SD card and solved freezing and other problems resulting from poor data transmission from the cheap SD.
Also, try going online to the manufactureer's web site to see if they have downloads/ updates available there to replace the origianl install files that came with the unit. Always put on new brand new SD card.
if your sd card is read by the card reader..... its possible to install a new songs.... first you want to do is find a folder to your micro sd that contain a music file.. second be sure that you know the audio format file.. then copy paste audio from computer to micro sd...