Washer Monthly Maintenance Procedure:
This cycle uses higher water volumes in combination with liquid chlorine bleach to thoroughly clean the inside of your washing machine.
- remove any clothing or items from washer
- CLOSE door (duh)
- open dispenser drawer and remove the detergent compartment and set aside. No laundry products will be added at this time. You will be required to add only liquid chlorine bleach at a later step.
- For Kenmore Elite HE products press a specific combo of buttons.
- Select Rinse/Spin program
- select low spin speed
- select warm/cold water temp.
- select 2nd rinse option
- push the "end of cycle" signal button 4 times within 5 seconds to start the cycle
The machine will fill and run a short sensing cycle. This will take about 3 minutes.
- The washer will provide 4 short tones. Check the: ESTIMATED TIME REMAINING display for the codes indicated below:
- if "Ab" (add bleach) displayed in the estimated time remaining window (you'll hear 4 short tones) proceed to Step 6.
- if "rL" (remove load) displayed in the Estimated Time Remaining window an error tone will sound. The door will unlock.
-open the door and remove the items from the washer.
-continue the cycle by pressing the START button.
NOTE: The water in the unit will dispense for a moment, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue with another check for items in the washer.
The machine will fill and run a short cycle to determine whether any items have been left in the washer. This will take approx 3 minutes.
the washer will repeat Step 5 until it can determine that there are NO items n the washer and will display "Ab" (add bleach).
6. Add liquid chlorine bleach.
- If using the maintenance procedure for the first time, open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 1 cup liquid chlorine bleach to the Main Wash detergent compartment. The liquid bleach should immediately flow out of the dispenser.
- If doing a monthly maintenance procedure, open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 1/3 cup bleach to the Main Wash detergent compartment. The liquid chlorine bleach should immediately flow out of the dispenser.
- Water will be flowing into the dispenser drawer when the bleach is added ... this is normal.
- Do not add any detergent to this cleaning cycle. Use of more than 1 cup of bleachw ill cause product damage over time.
7. Once the cleaning cycle has begun, allow the cycle to complete. An est cycle time will appear on the display.
8. After the cleaning cycle is complete, leave the door open, clightly to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
9. Replace the detergent compartment divider.