Question about Danze D316440DNT Fairmont Two Handle Wall Mount Bathroom Faucet with Valve

1 Answer

Faucet Repair My faucet is making noise. Is there a way to repair it?

Posted by on

  • Jeff Sumner Sep 16, 2008

    im having the same problem of noise...its as if the water is surging and it shakes the sink like a thud sound...the sound comes quicker if the handles are turned all the way open and slower the this the same?

  • jon3550 Oct 08, 2008

    The kitchen faucet is making a shuddering noise and the hand spray has stopped altogether


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,712 Answers

A noisy washer-type faucet is usually caused by a loose seat washer. To stop the noise, first turn off the water and take the faucet apart as described previously. If the washer is loose, tighten it or replace it. After threading the stem back into the faucet body, try moving it up and down. If it moves, the stem is worn and the entire faucet must be replaced. Some faucets are noisy due to poor design and construction. The only way to solve this problem is to replace the faucet with a quality one.

Posted on Aug 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Fix the guts of faucet handle

It helps if you include the make of the faucet and if it is one handle or two handle.
Try this link to a google search. I'm sure that one of these will help.

Aug 17, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How do you repair a leaky centerset Kohler forte fauset

That faucet has a lifetime warranty. Call Kohler (1-800-4-Kohler) and tell them you need a new cartridge for a K-10270 faucet.

May 01, 2014 | Kohler Forte Two Handle Centerset Lavatory...

1 Answer

How to repair facet stem for glacier bay products kitchen sink

Theres not much you can do to repair the stem except replacing the small O-ring up inside. You can call Glacier Bay and ask for a new stem ( the faucet has a limited lifetime warranty. You can also use Delta faucet repair parts in your Glacier Bay kitchen faucet; they come from the same mold. Heres a link to Glacier Bay 2 handle kitchen faucet repair. Heres one to the Glacier Bay faucet manual for your faucet.

Sep 16, 2010 | Globe Union Glacier Bay 8 In Double Handle...

1 Answer

How to fix leak for delta faucet 470 WHRS

To fix the leak in delta faucet is have a repair kit for
Delta 470-WHRS. The repair kit consist of O-rings
replacement. Otherwise, you have to buy a replacement
for your Delta 470-WHRS.

Nov 26, 2009 | Delta 470-WHRS Signature Single Handle...

1 Answer

Kohler Fairfax shower faucet repair

You will need to buy the o-rings to fix it. You can buy at most hardware stores if you know how to turn off the water you can fix this with more instructions. Let me know if you need more help.

Sep 27, 2009 | Kohler Fairfax Single Control Lavatory...

1 Answer

I cant stop my Moen single lever kitchen faucet from leaking. how can I fix it?

Even Moen faucets can wear out. The first thing you should do is check your warranty. Below is a link to there warranty information.

If the warranty period is over then your going to need to repair it or replace it.
In general, leaks are often caused by a scratched or torn cartridge, o-ring, or grommet. Typically, a cartridge repair kit or replacement o-ring will correct this type of leak so a repair is less costly.

Places like Home Depot, Lowe's or where you originally purchased the faucet should carry a repair ebuild kit. Most times on the back of the package there will be a diagram of the internal parts and how they assemble to help with installation. If not just take you time as you disassemble the faucet. First make sure the water supply has been shut off under the sink. Make sure you have a clean area to place the old pieces for reference. Having something to stack them on in the order they came out will help. Make sure that you check for any small set screws that may be used to lock things in place.
If you do this repair yourself and have any others questions or if you run into problems feel free to ask me for help.
Good luck.

Sep 08, 2009 | Moen Monticello Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Greetings! My Kohler kitchen faucet model K-10416 with sprayer (16 months in use) is making noise when water is turned on in both hot and cold positions. Also, when sprayer is used water flow is not being...

Begin by shutting off the water to the faucet. Then, on the back of the handle you will find a small button. remove it with a small knife blade and underneath you will see a 1/8" set screw. Use a 1/8" inch allen wrench to remove the set screw. You can then unscrew the bonnet and remove the diverter. Take the diverter to a hardware store or plumbing supply to purchase the appropriate repair kit. goodluck.

Jan 20, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Victoria faucet Jado 51.C how to access

Here is a link to the repair parts page on Jado website for your faucet. Exploded diagram shows how the thing goes together...

The handle assembly and collar (8) will thread off after pushed past the limit of the cartridge (gentle consistent pressure)...

In terms of leak itself its hard to say but if the faucet froze from sediment build up and is now leaking it is likely that part of the cartridge is 'clogged' open...

Hope that helps...

Jan 19, 2009 | Jado 842/701/105 Hatteras Single Lever...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danze D316440DNT Fairmont Two Handle Wall Mount Bathroom Faucet with Valve Logo

933 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danze Plumbing Experts

David Wiebe

Level 1 Expert

11 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

7409 Answers


Level 2 Expert

128 Answers

Are you a Danze Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides