Question about Ariston Technologies AWD120 13 lb. Washer / Dryer Combo
How to remove the old seal and replace with the new one.
1. Remove door (2 screws).
2. remove top (2 screws at back, sharp slap to front to dislodge).
3. Remove 2 screws holding powder dispenser to inlet valve.
4. Remove 2 screws at front corners securing fascia.
5. Remove fascia and powder dispenser as a unit - note plastic locating pegs on underside and plastic clips locating bottom onto front panel. Take care not to drop one of the rubber seals from valve/powder dispenser joint. Do not disconnect the wiring, just lay the complete assembly on top of the machine.
6. At some point, you will need to release the retaining wire securing the seal to the front panel. This is a thin spring loaded wire. Look after it, you will need it again.
7. Remove two screws at front securing front panel.
8. Remove kick panel - this allows access to two more screws securing bottom of front panel - take these out as well.
9. unclip the wire connector to the door switch.
The front panel may now be lifted from its plastic retainers.
10. The second wire clip can now be removed. The clever clip will need to be released to allow refitting.
11. Thoroughly clean and disinfect the seating for the new seal - you don't want the same gunk growing into the new one straight away.
12. On the drum, you will notice a protruding moulding at about 5 o'clock. There is a matching flange on the seal to help you locate it accurately - start here and fit the seal.
13. Fit the wire retainer - you will need a good pair of long-nose pliers to retension the wire.
14. Reassemble the machine in the reverse order - take care not to mix up the screws! remember to fit the seal to the front panel before refitting the door. Do not release the spring from the wire, carefully stretch it into place.
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
On my Ariston the first part is as follows:
Open the door and you should see a small lip on the seal itself. Tucked in this lip / recess is a thin wire band. On my model the band has a spring that connects it towards the bottom of the drum area. A small screw driver or hook will enable you to prise the band out from its recess and free the seal from the main body of the washing machine. It will still be connected to the drum. It takes two minutes or less to do this however somewhat longer to replace ensuring you don't puncture the seal. I was just having a look in advance of replacing when my spare part arrives. I have not looked at how it is seperated from the drum yet however expect it to be straight forward once the out seal retaining wire is removed.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2016 | Washing Machines
Mar 02, 2013 | Washing Machines
Nov 12, 2009 | Creda W120VW Front Load Washer
Aug 08, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Jul 10, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 08, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 31, 2009 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
Mar 14, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 24, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 16, 2014 | Ariston Technologies AWD120 13 lb. Washer...
1,292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: