Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Try this one:
Reset the Printer to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold OK and HELP buttons while plugging in the power cord.
Now please unplug and re plug the power cable at the back of the Printer.
Hope that helps......
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Fairly new printer & the ink system is already failing ?
Probably the inks are the ones that came with the unit.
2 options : Get a new genuine replacement ink OR call HP tech support for a replacement.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Get the unit into the "Support Menu" by following the steps below according with the product,
A. - Press and hold the "left arrow" key. B. - Press the "Setup" key and release both keys. Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo" C. - Press and release the "OK" button
A. - Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
B. - Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
C. - Press and release the "OK" button
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu". (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the "OK" button.
4. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
5. Press and release the "OK" button.
6. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
7. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
8. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Aug 12, 2011 | HP PhotoSmart C5150 All-In-One InkJet...
on Jul 15, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 01, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 29, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 21, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Sep 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 06, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 17, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 16, 2008 | HP Photosmart C4180 All-In-One InkJet...
1,064 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: