Kindly follow the below steps to setup your router, this will help
LinkSys Router Setup
Physical Setup of a LinkSys Router
Each model of LinkSys router will differ slightly, but the general design is similar across all models. Therefore, the setup is similar across all models.
- Attach the antennas to the router (if your LinkSys router support wireless)d
- Plug the Ethernet cable from your broadband Internet provider into the port labeled "Internet"
- Plug another Ethernet cable into one of the available ports
- Plug the other end of that same cable into an Ethernet port on your PC
LinkSys Router Configuration
LinkSys routers now ship with a Setup Wizard which is intended to simplfy basic configuration tasks.
We do not recommend the LinkSys Setup Wizard for two reasons:
- The Setup Wizard is not significantly easier that the regular configuration menus
- If you use the Setup Wizard, you will end up learning two interfaces for your LikSys router instead of just one
Instead, we recommend simply starting your web browser
and jumping into the configuration.
Once your web browser is open, go to the URL http://192.168.1.1/
. This will take you to a popup box which asks you to enter a username and password.
Logging in to a LinkSys Router
The username is either blank or "admin" and the default password is "admin".
Once you are past the login screen, you are able to access (and change) a plethora of configuration options for your router.
Don't be worried by the enormous number and variety of options, your LinkSys router ships with default settings that enable it to work right out of the box in most environments.
From here the configuration options that you choose are largely up to your own personal preference.
If this is a wireless router
, we recommend that you consider setting an SSID
to identify the router as your own and configuring WEP
to encrypt your wireless traffic.
Let me know if this will help
I can provide you more on Linksys router as i work on them :)
All the best