- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you need to install the microsoft office document imaging to be able to scan from word, this is what you do assuming that you have windows xp
Exit all programs. Tip You may want
to print this topic before you exit all programs.
Click Start, and then click Control
In Control Panel, click Add or
Remove Programs , and then click Remove a program.
In the Currently installed programs list,
click the name of the Microsoft Office edition that you installed or
click Microsoft Office Word 2002 (depending on whether
you installed Word as part of Office or as an individual program), and
then click Change.The Configuration Wizard opens.
Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
Under Installation Options, click the plus sign
(+) next to Office Tools.
Click the arrow next to Microsoft Office Document
Imaging, click Run all from my Computer, and then
once you have installed this in the insert menu, there should be an option to acquire image from your scanner, assuming that your scanner is properly installed and working.
alternatively you should be able to scan a document and send it to an application (word xp), page 70 of your printer manual will show you how, your manual canbe found here
Driver could be corrupt.
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is
turned off. I'd do both and reinstall the CD software
program that came with the printer. When the software
program asks you to connect the printer to the USB port, do so and it should
again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
We had several issues also with our 5300 printer including non printing of on-line pages , after talking to service Rep for Kodak he sent a replacement printhead and color/black cartridges, after installing have had no problem.
Print out a demo sheet. Press copy and photo at the same time. If the black isn't printing on this demo sheet, (the eyes on the two kids at the top are all white), you need a new printhead. contact kodak tech support. 18004216699. Option 1
Print out a demo sheet. Press copy and photo at the same time. If the black isn't printing on this demo sheet, (the eyes on the two kids at the top are all white), you need a new printhead. Your's is probably clogged. contact kodak tech support. 18004216699. Option 1
Ten Step Process to Fix the "Print Head" Error Message on the Kodak 5300 Printer.
1. Clear a good spot it your back yard that is free of shrups and flowers.
2. Get the following tools: Flat head screwdriver, shovel, sledgehammer.
3. Dig 24" x 24" hole in your back yard and rope off the excavation area for safety.
4. Whaaaaack the heck out of the Kodak 5300 with the sledgehammmer until such time that it is not a recognizeable piece of electronic equipment.
5. Stab it with the flat head screwdriver, just in case it has the Terminator syndrome (comes back to life).
6. Throw the piece of garbage in the recently excavated hole in your back yard.
7. Cover up that useless piece of garbage and forget you ever owned it.
8. Get in your car and go to the nearest electronic store and ask to speak to the manager.
9. Ask if they sell the Kodak 5300 printer. If so, whack him with the shovel. You don't want to seriously injure him so don't even consider the sledgehammer of the screwdriver. After all, its not his fault that his company carries such garbarge. But the whack is just to burn off some steam from your frustrations.
10. Purchase any other printer but a Kodak and live happily ever after.
Download and install the new software and printer firmware from kodak.com (link below - firmware and software is the same for all the 5000 units). Do not use the CD, and Uninstall all previous versions before installing the new software you download from the site.