1. Verify if the webcam drivers and software is installed in the computer.
The WebCam Companion Software contains teh drivers for the camera.
2. If the WebCam Companion Software is available and there is an error message like, no camera detected or camera in use. Then, ensure to first singout from any third party messenger software such as Skype/Yahoo messenger and exit the messenger. Ensure the messenger is not running in the background and you have successfully quit and exit the software after logout.
After that, use the WebCam Companion Software to make the camera working.
3. If the issue persists, check if Imaging Devices is listed and has the Sony Visual Communications Camera driver installed under device manager in the computer.
4. Press the Windows logo key +R key together to access the RUN window and type the command "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes, press the enter key.
5. In device manager locate Imaging Devices. If not present, reinstall the WebCam Companion Software, Sony Firmware extension parser device driver, Intel Chipset Driver and Sony Shared Library.
Download and install the driver and software from the below links.
Ensure to uninstall any previos software of webcam companion before reinstall.
Firmware Extension Parser:
Ensure to restart computer after installing the software and driver.