My acer aspire 6530 suddenly stopped charging the battery, it works with battery, works with battery and main power supply (yet, as long as the battery is still charged), and it certainly doesn't work with...
Seems like this is the case of a bad power supply adapter, and needs to be replaced. But to make sure we are on the right track, you mention towards the last statement, you said that when your laptop is off, and the battery is installed on, and without the power supply, the computer power button would flash and no sign of life right? Well take these step to see if it is the power supply, 1, check to see if the small green light is lighting from the powersupply adapter. If it is not, then 100% you have a bad power supply. 2, does the laptop power on when using the power adapter only, and with the battery pulled out? If not, then 85% still is your power supply and the other 15% is your power jack, either is loose, or bent, as we tend to plug in and out alot. 3, Does the laptop power on with the battery itself without the power supply adapter? If it does, it is not your battery. The reason to the laptop power light blinking with the battery installed only could be that the battery is low/drain and does not have issufiect charge to power up your laptop. And to say that when your system is on and your plug in the powersupply, and the small battery icon says it's charging but actually it is not. It could still be your powersupply, it is damaged but a smart chip installed on your powersupply only sending signal to your laptop, this chip is only to prevent the battery from over charging. So if you have another power supply, you cna test this out. But at this point, they was you described things, I believe it to be the power supply. I hope this help, if you have any question, let me know.
Jan 17, 2011 |
Acer Aspire 6530-5143 Notebook PC