Question about Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
you are not going to like this but this is a problem that all fuji finepix s3000 will have
I fixed it myself but only with a ton of patience and knowing what I was doing
the problem is that there is a gear in the lens motor asssembly that does not have a pin, I do not know why but i definitely know that there needs to be one right there because without a pin to hold the gear in place it will rattle around and lock up with its partner gear
I will give you these instructions on how to fix this
1. remove each of the outside screws
2. there will be two screws that are neither phillips nor flathead screws
to remove these i used a Dremel Hand Drill
3. then remove all the inside boards and battery compartment
4. to remove a "ribbon wire" lightly pull at the Blue end until it slides out of its plug
5. finally remove the lens assembly
6. remove the the boards connected to the lens but not any of the wires
7. DO NOT touch the CCD or the UV filters they are squarish and rainbow colored and shiny if you touch them at all just throw away your camera
8. given that you did not touch those objects you can now look for the white gear it is loose and just rattles around
9. grab a thumb tack and snip the big circle end off with wire cutters
10. you will have like a short little nail type thing
11. push it with you finger nail in to the tiny hole behind the gear, the pin will now be holding the gear loosely in place
12. hooray you fixed it now you just have to reassemble the whole camera JUST as you disassembled it, this is probably the hardest part
13. your done if you didnt break the camera while doing any of the above steps
I hope this helps
you're better off buying a new camera though seeing how the fuji finepix s3000 is only worth $30 now
it is a nice camera and im glad i fixed it I hope you can fix yours
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2011 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
May 03, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
Aug 01, 2008 | Fuji Finepix A370 Digital Camera
Mar 06, 2008 | Fuji FinePix Z1 Digital Camera
Jan 08, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
Sep 14, 2007 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
Sep 12, 2005 | Fuji FinePix S3000 Digital Camera
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!