Question about Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Wireless Router (2247NWGVGX)
When i try 2 play gta4 it says router/nat is 2 strict. it is really anoyin.i looked every were but i cant get help.i hav a eircom router and a ps3.plz dont be 2 high tec im a noob at dis stuf. plz help.thanks
You need to open ports on your router so that it will give you proper connection to your ps3. you also need to set static ip address on your ps3.
here are the steps...
- go to a working computer that is wired to the router and open command prompt (for windows, click on start, then run, then type cmd or command, whichever will work, or click here if you are using mac)
- then you will be prompted with a black screen, on the blinking cursor type ipconfig/all
- take note of the subnet mask, default gateway, dns1 and dns2
- now go to your ps3 to set static ip adddress
* go to network settings and click network settings
* go to wireless or wired (whichever connection you are using for your ps3)
* then custom
* enter security settings
* now for your ip info click manual
* where it says ip address enter a static ip address (by default the ip address of your router is 192.168.1.254 so you can use any ip address that is on the same segment and was not being used by your other devices like 192.168.1.5 or 192.168.1.10
* subnet mask is normally 255.255.255.0
* put your default gateway number (the one that you have seen and listed from the command prompt) on the default router field
* enter the dns1 and dns2 also
* click next
* don't enable proxy server
* you can enable upnp if you can also enable it in your router
- now go bak to the computer and open a web browser, on the address bar of your web browser type the default gateway number (usually it's 192.168.1.254)
- you will be prompted with the netopia page, click expert modem on the left hand column, click yes, enter expert mode
- double click the word configure, go down and click on NAT, click static NAT, click the dropdown icon, see if your ip address (static ip address of your ps3) is there, if so click it, click on done, if this works, ignore the paragraph in brackets. (note: if it's asking for the default router ip address, you need to select/enter the default gateway number)
- click define custom service, click o port forwarding, select next , type anything in the service name, something that you will know its related to the ps3
- for global port range, if it's only one port that's being entered, enter the same port in the left and right hand boxes, in every case , enter the lower port in the box below saying base port even if there's only one port, and chage the TCP/UDP settings according to every port.
* here are the ports (note: repeat the same process for each one, after that window, select the static ip address you made in the drop-down list so it gets forwarded only for the ps3)
TCP port 80
TCP port 443
TCP port 5223
UDP port 3478-3479
UDP port 3658-3659
- when your done, click NAT on the left hand side, click the dropdown menu that has age of empires written on it and scroll to the bottom, click on the ports you made with the asterix beside them (*) and click enable , then enter the ps3 ip address in the bar , to enable them just for the ps3
- now click configure on the left and then click connection and tick the box that says upnp (note: you should have, when you click NAT on the left hand column, a static NAT address, enabled, it should be the same ip that you have used on your ps3, 7 ps3 ports, all enabled to the host device of your ps3's ip
- now , enter basic mode, click firewall, and set to low, this isn't dangerous as long as you have a desktop firewall such as windows or mcafee etc...
- save changes, and restart your router
hope this'll help you
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2010 | U.S. Robotics (USR8054) Router
Mar 01, 2010 | Netopia (3347NWG-VGX) Wireless Router...
Jan 12, 2010 | Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Wireless Router...
Dec 30, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade
Nov 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | Netopia ADSL 2+ MODEM 10/100 EN AND USB...
Nov 11, 2007 | Netopia (3347NWG-ENT) Router (3347NWGENT)
Mar 18, 2012 | Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Wireless Router...
2,463 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: