Question about Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
I'm seeing a blur in the center of the screen about 1/2 inches in diameter. It appears about where you would see someone speaking and their lips appear blurry. Anybody got an idea what may be happening?
I had whole redish/pinkish screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
About two years ago, I had a small red blur in the middle of the screen. That red blur is now all over my screen. I called Hitachi and they said that there's nothing they can do about it because it's almost 4 years old and the warranty has expired. I called a repair shop and they said that it may be a light engine problem and it will cost about $1300 to repair. Might as well get a new TV for that. I did some research and found out that this is a common problem and that you need to be persisting when calling Hitachi and speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said that if a repair person confirms that it's a light engine problem, that they will send the part FREE OF CHARGE (just gotta pay for labor). They will only send a replacement once.
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 10, 2015 | Samsung Flat Panel Televisions
Apr 09, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jan 09, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jan 01, 2010 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 01, 2009 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 06, 2009 | Hitachi 60VG825 60 in. LCD Television
Jan 04, 2009 | Sylvania 6626LCT 26 in. LCD Television
264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: