This problem is commonly found across printers, and is not specific to your printer model.
This problem occurs if:
- You select the Hold mismatched documents option on the Advanced tab of the Properties windows of the printer.
- The printer driver user interface (UI) plug-in uses the full UI replacement functionality. This means that printer driver replaces the default Windows printer dialog interface, so Windows fails to find certain registry keys to determine the paper type.
Microsoft has a hotfix for this issue for Vista and Windows Server 2008:
If you are seeing this issue on XP, you can do the following:
1. Go to Printers and Faxes
from the Start Menu (or type the following command in the Start->Run window: control printers
2. Right click on the affected printer's icon, and click on Properties.
3. Click on the Advanced
4. Uncheck the option Hold mismatched documents
5. Some printers have the default paper type as Letter, so please change the printer properties to use A4 as the default
5. Click OK to save the settings change.
6. Wait for 15 seconds, and try to restart your printer job if needed. Usually, Windows will automatically restart the job, once the paper mismatch setting is resolved.
7. Ensure that you make the above printer property settings change on every computer where your printer is installed.