Question about Microwave Ovens
Bought this microwave oven August 1. Existing outlet for microwave location was a clock outlet. Plug in back of microwave too large for clock outlet. Appliance store provided an outlet adapter. After three weeks of now problems, microwave no longer takes power from this or any outlet. Now I see in product manual that it says not to use an adapter plug. Could this have caused the problem? I am wondering what to do. Would have to hire an electricial to change the clock outlet to a normal one, Or use another adapter, or get an appliance extention cord. Help!
Does your manuel also tell you to use a DEDICATED 20amp circuit to plug your Microwave in to? More that likely you used a 15 amp circuit that other appliances were also plugged into. A refrigerator or other cooling item needs its own 15 amp circuit but can tolerate small amp draw items like a clock. The new, higher wattage microwaves need a 20 amp circuit for itself. Have your line checked , have your microwave fixed. Start new
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.
The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.
To isolate your problem:
Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .
If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:
2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances
2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)
2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)
Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
on Apr 04, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 20, 2012 | Emerson Fans MW8995B Microwave Oven
Feb 11, 2012 | Danby DMW773 Microwave Oven
Sep 20, 2011 | Haier Microwave Microwave Oven
May 29, 2010 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Feb 02, 2010 | Sharp R-1874 Convection/Microwave Oven
Mar 30, 2009 | General Electric JES0736SMSS 700 Watts...
Oct 30, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!