Question about HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
I was changing the printer cartridges to install a photo cartridge when all the lights started blinking. I opened the back door to check for a paper jam & now the printer won't go on at all. Help! I have lost my manual & don't have anything to look at.
You can get a copy of the reference guide here. Or you can get the Windows User Guide from here.
As far as the blinking lights, there is a couple of links to check. If all lights are blinking check here. If only the Power & Resume Lights are blinking check here.
For the power issue, I would check here after you have verified all cables are passing power and that all doors on the printer have been closed.
Hope this helps. Please rememeber to rate this information.
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2013 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jun 17, 2009 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
May 02, 2009 | HP DeskJet 3940 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 07, 2008 | HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
Jan 20, 2008 | HP DeskJet 710c InkJet Printer
Dec 18, 2007 | HP PSC 1350 All-In-One Thermal Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!