INSTALLING CORRECTION TAPE ON A BROTHER SX4000 TYPEWRITER
I'M HAVING A HARD TIME INSTALLING THE CORRECTION TAPE TO THE BROTHER SX4000 TYPEWRITER HERE AT MY JOB. THERE ISN'T A MANUAL AROUND HERE TO HELP OUT, AND I WENT TO BROTHERUSA.COM TO SEE IF I COULD DOWNLOAD ONE FROM THERE AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND ONE FOR THE TYPEWRITER.
I'm having trouble installing the correction tape on ML 100 Standard Brothers typewriter.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I installed the supply reel first, with the tape coming off the top of the reel toward the first guide, made a partial twist to the right to go over and around the first guide toward the take-up reel and then installed the take-up reel so that the tape goes over the top of the take-up reel toward the operating person and is then wound counter-clockwise around the take-up reel.
1) Use the [SPACE BAR] or [BACKSPACE] to move the carrier to the center of the platen.
2) Open the top cover
3) Remove the cassette ribbon, if installed
4)Pull off both spools, pressing against the correction tape with your thumbs. Bring it back to a position parallel with the platen, and lift it up and out.
5)Pass the new tape through the left guide, behind the ribbon guide, and out through the right guide. The rough (sticky) side of the tape should face the platen.
6) Attach the feeder spool to the pin on the left
7) Attach the take-up spool to the pin on the right
8) Turn the take-up spool counter-clockwise until a small amount of white tape has wound around it.
9) Replace the cassette ribbon and close the top cover.
10) Press [CODE] + [RESET] to move the carrier to the previous position.