My dell inspiron 1525 has a black screen with a white cursor showing
First, I want to know if you sees the Dell logo after turning on the laptop? If yes then this is no boot issue.
1. Immediately run the PSA. Make sure laptop is off. Press and hold down the Fn key, while holding down Fn key press the power button at the same time just once. Once the Dell screen loaded you can now let go of the Fn key. Check if the PSA will run short test for the LCD, RAM and HDD. When full color displays on the screen just press Y. PSA will continue. Just take note of any error code will appear on the screen such as 0141, 0142 and 0146 these are HDD failure errors which means HDD needs replacement. If the test says no errors found then proceed to step 2;
2. Try restarting the laptop once you see dell logo then keep tapping F8. Select last known good configuration. Press enter key. Just wait and check if laptop will load Windows. If not then, restart laptop keep tapping F8 try to select safe mode check if it will load Windows. If not then prepare the Windows OS disc the one came with your laptop.
3. While laptop is on insert the Windows OS disc. Restart the computer. On the Dell screen keep tapping on F12 to show boot menu. In the boot menu select CD/DVD ROM Drive. Press enter then keep tapping on space bar until it will say Windows loading files, please wait.
4. In the User Interface it will show you some options to select. Once the Install screen comes up look on the lower part select Repair Your Computer. If will ask you to do Startup Repair, please do start up repair. If fails try the System Restore. If fails then step 5;
5. If you have important files in your HDD then back up your files first. After backing up of files you can now install the Windows OS. Here is the process in installing the Windows OS. Insert the Windows OS disc, restart the laptop, keep tapping F12 on Dell screen, on boot menu select CD/DVD ROM Drive.Install the Windows OS. Just complete the installation.After the installation install the laptop drivers.
Dec 10, 2009 |
Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook