An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: OS Wont load
You need to reinstall operative system, either using recovery disk, or using a generic windows setup disk. If the computer does not read recovery disk, then it is probably scratched or faulty. System reinstall is usually done at any computer repair shop for a not too expensive fee. When hard disk is damaged you often also hear a typical clicking noise, and system stop shortly after post.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
One of the start-up programs or operating system file may be corrupted causing the unit not to load the os. Here's what you can try to see, one might work for you.
- Go to BIOS setup and reload default settings. Make sure that no other storage devices are plugged in to the unit.
- Boot to Safe Mode. Disable start-up items and disable non-Microsoft services. Try to boot if it works. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Boot to Safe Mode and perform a system restore back to the date it was working fine.
- You may need to reinstall the os if none of the above options work.
There might be 2 problems basically: 1. The bootloader is not able to detect your OS, in that case try re-installing the OS. 2. The bios isn't able to detect the hard disk so remove the main battery and open the hard-disk bay and re-insert it.
Finally if these steps don't work take it to the nearest authorised service center.
This is most likely going to be a failed hard drive. Since it won't load the system, by general rule, If the hard drive won't format, or if you have any issues during or after the set up of a new operating system, then the hard drive is shot, and needs replaced. Replace the drive and you should be just fine.
Your description of the symptom shows that your operating system installation has been corrupted. Fastest and easiest way to resolve the Issue using the "Recovery and application disk" (it comes with laptop) to perform full system recovery. I would like to remind you full system recovery will erase everything saved on Hard drive. You can check possible option on http://support.toshiba.com
If you dont have recovery and application disk you get one. You can call Toshiba @ 1-800-457-7777