I opened the back of the TV to blow out dust for a temperature problem. When i reassembled the remote no longer works. I can operate from the front but not with the remote. I must have knock a cable off but I can not find it.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Remote no longer works after opening rear of TV
I think blowing air cleaned the TV but Remote Sensor at front of TV got more dusty and now unable to receive Infrared signal of remote. That's my theory and can be confirmed by cleaning of Remote Sensor in TV.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How old is the TV?
I have the same problem with my Panasonic.
I took the back panel off and used compressed air to blow out the dust.
It is working better but still have the problem once in a while.
I also replaced the batteries in the remote. I also point the remote at 90 degree when not in use. If the remote is acting on it's own and can send on/off signal to the TV.
I have fewer turning/off/on problem now.
Read Each Step Completely - Make Sure 3 Color Guns Are Off And Cool - ---------------------------------------------- 1. Remove Rear Dust Cover
2. Remove the Front Speaker Cover May be Held In By Plastic Pins and or Anchors on the Bottom Note" - Remove The Plastic Cover Just Above Speaker Cover Maybe 2 Piece.
Remove The Screws Holding Top Of Speaker Cover. Then Pull Toward You the Bottom Maybe Anchored So Lift Up.
4.Once Speaker Cover Removed, May Have Screws Just Below Center Plastic Cover Remove Them, Now Remove Center Cover Between Speakers -NOTE" Do Not Touch, Move Any Color Convergence KNOBS" - Lift Front Screen UP - Towards Roof - It Has 3 Flex Grab Anchors On Top And 2 Pins One On Each Side Of TV Frame. - NOTE" Lay Screen On Floor It Is Plexi Glass So It Will Brake If Bent Or Drop Hammer On.
NOTE"- May Have To Remove plastic Cover Frame positioned Around Front Screen And Then Remove Screws.
5. I Use Windex Glass Cleaner And Either Cotton Balls Or White Tube Sock On Color Gun Lens Covers And Clean Mirror Like The One In Bath Room.
6. Take White Sheet Or Bead Spread And Anchor On top Of TV With Weights, Stretch Around Each Side Of TV Use Chairs To Anchor On Each Side Of TV. Place Dust Cover Or Heavy Card Board Where Plexi Glass Was Positioned.
7. Turn On TV - go To Rear and Now You Can Adjust Colors Brightness And Low Light - High Light - Horizontal - Ect....While Looking at Picture.
8. Install In REVERSE - Order Just Wipe Color Guns Lens Last. Note" - If you have Wet/Dry Vac or Fan Or Blow Dryer Take A 2 - to - 3 Inch Paint Brush And While Brushing Circuit Boards Any Dust For That Matter Blow Dust Off And Out Even Brush Speaker Cover"...ECT...Do This Before Any Cleaning
9. Just A Thought If You Ever Want to Change Color Gun Cooling Oil - Wrap All Circuit Boards With plastic Bags And then I use Bath Towol And Paper Towols To Catch As Much Spill As I Can And Then Spray With Windex To Make Dry While Blowing Air Onto Spill - Also I have Found Clear Mineral Oil Like Johnson Baby Oil To Work As Well If Not Better Then Glycol Oil. I Get For $2.50 For 20 Oz Bottle.
Poer supply is the cause of the shutdown and would need to be replaced. These cost around $150 bucks just in parts the labor you would need to find someone that knows just what there doing or you could wind up into the hundreds, Thanks
Since the top buttons are working fine, i doubt that the remote is faulty. Sometimes its due to moisture/dust accumilating on the remotes board and creates a barrier against the board and the buttons. You may need to open the remote and clean the surface of the mainboard.
ive had this tv/monitor for years just sitting there collecting dust. a buddy gave it to me to see if i could fix it because he couldn't. well gotta open it up and look on one of the main boards and look for blown capacitors. look for the ones with round tops. they should flat not rounded/bulging. replace those and then your monitor/tv should work again.
You will need to replace the "HA" board wich is the control panel and remote reciever (wich has failed). Here is a link to the part number and where to purchase from.