Question about Dishwashers
Ifixall is correct. I also learned several things with the apartment buildings I maintain.
1. the screen or pump trap must also be cleaned regularly to make sure there is no debris, food etc stuck in there.
2. The spray arms must be free of debris or obstructions.
3. Jet dry solution must be filled or has some solution in it.
4. Water must be hot
5. Scraping dishes and prewash them before putting them into dishwasher.
6 install water softner sometimes helps. (I don't know how true this is, since I am unable to do this in our buildings)
7 drain line must be picked up, or secured to prevent backwash.
8. MAKE sure that the lower rack is not obstructing the sprayer arms. Sometimes overloading dishwashers will cause dishes not being cleaned properly.
9. if all else fails, a service technician can come out to determine if the dishwasher is operating properly.
Posted on May 24, 2008
I think I solved the door leaking problem by cleaning out the plastic filter screen on the inside (left) door panel. Didn't even know it was there, never knew it was suppose to be cleaned! It was so clogged and gross. I also discovered that my washer had shifted and was off balance. It has wood shims under the steel casing and one block was loose. No doubt from slamming and banging the door open and closed. Had to take the front skirt and kickplate off to see. I had my son use a lever and hoisted it up a little while I replaced the block shim now making the washer level again. Ran a light wash before fixing problems and it leaked. We ran a light wash after the fix's and so far so good. Haven't ran a regular longer wash yet. My water level was fine, no gasket problems, no washer wand cracks, etc... My husband was thrilled! When he came home, I informed him I have good news and not so good news. The not so good news was dinner was going to be late, the good news was I fixed the leaking (for months!)dishwasher and saved alot of money on repairs!
**Cleaned filter screen, made dishwasher level again.
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Dishwashers
Jul 30, 2014 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Aug 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Mar 25, 2011 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Dec 29, 2009 | Frigidaire FDB1050REM Dishwasher
Mar 21, 2009 | Whirlpool GU2700XTSB / GU2700XTSQ /...
Nov 16, 2008 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Oct 02, 2008 | Dishwashers
Jan 30, 2008 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 13, 2008 | Whirlpool 24 in. DU930PWP Built-in...
2,251 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!