ones in recovery mode you can remove the code by restoreing the ipod with itunes heres how
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is only one way to disable it besides actually knowing the password. You have to hook the unit up to itunes and restore the unit. You will lose all the data on the itouch, but if you have all your data in itunes there is nothing to worry about. If you have any further questions feel free to contact www.wiredextreme.com.
If your itouch reads "disabled connect to itunes" and shows the "locked" icon and your itunes will not even recognize the device and itunes says your itouch is locked and enter password, Here is what you do to restore your itouch: (you will lose all itouch contents but it is worth it as almost all say it is broken and worthless)
1. Turn off your itouch or ipod. Do not have charger / usb connected to ipod or itouch.
2. With device off, connect the charger end of the cable to the itouch / ipod but do not plug the usb into the computer.
3. Open Itunes
3. While holding down the menu button (and I mean keep holding it down), plug the usb into the computer.
4. Wait to see the new wonderful graphic on your device and computer screen that shows that your ipod / itouch is recognized.
Your itouch will start immediately restoring itself and you are ready to fill it up with wonderful images, photos and videos again!
So happy to share this tip. It saved me money and time.
While your itouch is connected to your computer, and itunes is open, press and hold the sleep/off button (the one on the top of the itouch) until the slider comes up on the screen. Slide the slider to turn off the itouch. Now, press and hold the home button (the one right below the screen) and at the same time, press the off/sleep button again. Hold both until you see your itunes page bring up a "restore" feature. Unfortunately, when restoring, you will lose all data (songs, etc..) Hopefully, you have this data in itunes and can easily download it back onto your itouch. This is the only thing that works. Sucks that you lose everything, but at least your itouch will once again work....
well you can conpleatly restore it by no luging it in and holding the power buton for 3 seconds then with out leting go of the power buton hold the home buton for 10 seconds then let go of the power buton and just hold the home buton for a further 30 seconds.....
after you have done this plug it in to your computer with iTunes allready running and a icon should say unresponcive ipod or somethin along those lines just click RESTORE