I have the original remote and a direct tv remot(new batteries in both) and the tv will not work with either one. Turned on manually the tve works perfect, except for no remote. Sometime after it has been turned on for a tme the remote will work. Sometimes the remote will turn it on butin a few minutes the remote will not work again.
Olevia has no remote code like all the other brands... it is too new. the universal remotes were made without Olevia codes because there weren't any. i'm not sure if/when this will change, but i can't wait. right now we mostly control the TV volume by using the stereo remote........
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you say "Replacement" you do not say if you bought an "Original type" replacement or one of those Universal ones which may or may not have the correct codes for the TV in question. Not all Universals have ALL POSSIBLE CODES.
You have two options.
1. Have your TV checked to find out if it is capable of responding to a remote control. If it won't then no remote whatsoever will make it respond ! Remote Receiving circuits fail as well !
2. If it is OK in that regard, get an original brand replacement Remote Control.
You can buy a Remote Control tester or you can take it to a TV technician who can check for you if the Remote is working.
Be sure to double check that you are using NEW batteries and that they are put into the remote with battery polarity as marked. You would be amazed how many times I have found that the problem was caused by persons putting batteries in the wrong way round !
Because of the shape of the ends of them, with some rechargeable batteries it is not so immediately obvious at to which is + and which is - unless you look very closely at the battery markings.
I just had the same problem. I call Vizio and this is what they had me do that did fix the problem.
1. Unplug the TV
2. Hold down the power button on the TV for 30 seconds (yes, with it unplugged and do not plug it back in yet.)
3. Take the batteries out of the remote.
4. Press each button remote twice to ensure that they bounce back and are not stuck.
5. Place new batteries into the remote.
6. Plug the TV back in. Not into a power strip if possible. ( I did not have an available outlet so I used a power strip.)
7. Try turning the TV on using the remote. (My TV turned on. All of the functions worked - problem fixed.)
Hope that this helps.
If ur direct tv remote have problems,or it defective.Talk to ur direct tv satalite provider to get another remote.U can try website like 1-800-Remotes factory original.To buy ur Proscan tv original remote.
Is the RC the original for direct tv box?, if not you have to find the code for the direct tv box, separate from the tv rc code. if it is the original rc for direct tv, look for the code in the original papers from direct tv.
take your tv and remote to a technician to check on your emitting diode and a photo senser, both are working but not very sensitive. the components are not gone but about to go. if you remove a senser from tv it can not receive, so that senser is sensing some thing, also check an amplifier just after a senser plse do that.