Question about RCA P52929 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Picture is warped. rca 52 inch model p52929

The picture on my 52 inch rca model p52929 is warped on both the top and bottom of the this i mean on top the piture ovals down from corner to corner toward the center screen, and the same on the bottom only for it ovals upwards. when it started doing it first it could be corrected by turning the tv on and off a few times with the remote until the picture came back on normal. but now the problem seems to want to just stay. is there anything i can do myself to fix this or is it a job for a tv tech. thanks for all your help in advance.

Posted by on

  • croberts3 Feb 07, 2009

    picture warping. Repairman said he could fix with a modular replacement for 155.00.

  • Anonymous Feb 23, 2009

    My RCA P52929 The picture is warped and the colors are blurred. When i first noticed it I could turn off the tv and it would get better when i turned it back on. now the picture stays warped and the colors blur more as it stays on longer.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,234 Answers

This is hte beginning of a convergence problem. If you can solder, try resoldering the pins on the convergence ICs. These are large black ICs attached to a heat sink and will be marked STKxxx. If that fails to resolve the problem, replace the ICs.

Keep us posted.

Posted on Aug 25, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I want to change picture like from full to zoom

just press the menu then go to picture settings then select aspect ratio to select 16:9 to have full screen in the picture.

Aug 28, 2012 | RCA P52929 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Curved, blurry picture on RCA projection screen tv

Thats usually caused by the STK730-130 IC which is located on the Convergence power supply board. Replacing that may solve the issue. You can get the STK730-130 at under the Integrated Circuit catagory.

Jul 23, 2011 | RCA P52929 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

My screen is bowed in picture. How do i adjust this on the projectors or is that the problem?


You have a convergence problem. See my tip at for the explanation, how to fix it and where to get the parts.

Thanks for using FixYa and for the great rating.


Feb 18, 2011 | RCA P52929 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

My 52 inch rca hdtv comes on but it looks like the screen is bowed and the colour is you know of any solutions to this problem.

My rca 52 inch hdtv picture looks bowed on the top and bottom of screen. And everything looks like it has a red shadow behind it.

May 12, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

My RCA big screen picture messed up after one of my children fell nto screen?? How can I fix this

The picture on my 52 inch RCA Projection television has green, red and blue squiggly lines around the objects on the screen and the picture looks 3-D.

Oct 30, 2009 | RCA P52960 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

RCA P52755BA 52 inch tv looks 3D

You have a problem with convergence and all you may need to do is replace a fuse. Look up convergence for your tv model and hopefully you will get an answer as to where the fuse is located and how to replace it. Very common for RCA tv's

Aug 30, 2009 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

52 inch tv has a warped picture with a rainbow type ark at top

This set needs a major repair. there are bad connections on the power board and a fuse is blown. You pretty much need a technician to fix this.

Mar 28, 2009 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

2 Answers

61 inch proj. warped concave picture.

Josh Any chance you could send a photo... Too many ideas come to mind from what you've described. Would actually have to see the "warp" in the picture itself to see if it's one or all colors, any boarders and if the bend is actually pulling from top or bottom.. Bill

Jun 14, 2007 | RCA P61960 61" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA P52929 52" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

564 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75178 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides