An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Grundig TV - Colours all mixed - still have...
You have a magnetic interference problem. First, have you put any magnetic objects like speakers near the set recently. They will cause this. Turn the set off at the wall and wait for 15 mins for the PTC device that turns on the degauss coil to cool and operate. It is the loud burst of hum you here when you turn the set on from cold.
The PTC is a postive tempeture coefficient that allows alot of current to flow at first, heating up as it does, and then slowly less current as it heats. This is why you need to turn the set off and let it cool. If the problem remains The PTC may be faulty allowing too much current to flow and upsetting the magnetic flux about the tube. If you dont have the skills you will need a technician to sort it out for you.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds that there is some magnet near by TV that is affecting picture tube. Please remove any extra speaker or any thing that has strong magnet inside, unplug TV for 20-30 minutes, replug back in, turn it ON, hope that will solve your TV problem. Thanks.
May be PURITY on the tube, an effect of older CRT tubes caused by a build up of magnetism around the screen, easilt cured with what is known as a magic wand. An electrical wand that produces a magnetic field and is waved in front of the screen to de-magnetise it. Ant TV engineer can do this for you.
Discoloration of this sort is caused by magnetism. All CRT TVs (like yours) have a de-gaussing coil around the picture tube that de-magnetizes the screen (more specifically the shadow mask) every time you turn it on. It is likely that the circuit that controls this coil is at fault. There is probably a cold solder joint where it connects to the main circuit board.
The other scenario is that someone (small child generally) has run a magnetic object very near to the screen, magnetizing the shadow mask (inside the picture tube) and causing a rainbow effect. This is less likely if the rainbow effect is a nice even circular shape. Generally if it's been magnetized by a magnet as described the discolored areas will appear blotchy.
In short, if you have some electronics skills, get in there with your soldering iron and touch up the connections to the de-gaussing coil. If not, find someone who does.
The picture tube has become magnetized, possibly by someone getting a
magnet to close to it. You can de-magnetize it using a strong magnet
(cow magnet or similar). Place the magnet as close the the screen as
possible without touching it to the screen. Starting at the middle of
the screen and slowly (not too slow, about one full circle per second
should do) move the magnet in a circular motion. With each full circle
move the magent twards the outside (making a larger circle) as well as
moving it farther away from the screen. Using a magnet will not harm
the screen, so play with it and you'll soon get the feel and will see
what you need to do.
Tv's have a circuit built in to 'Degauss' (demagnetize) the screen each
time you turn it on, but this will only work if the set is 'Cold'. If
the set is left off for 2 hours (to cool doen) and does not demagnetize
when you turn it on the circuit is faulty.
it would intermittedly display a bowed rainbow effect and the picture would jump to that/black/back into focus.
it was nothing but due to change of place due to decaussing ckt to take care of magnetic effect of earth.
this morning i turned it on with a black screen. It has audio but no video.
your problem it sounds me that it is due to loose contact or loose connector or due to video ckt. as you said that sudio is ok.
if you are not tech person call skilled tech to fix it .it is not a major problem.
hope this will help you
please let me know what happened.
well what i think happend is that the convergance has been modified and some parts has moved inside the TV.
There's lots of posts in this website about this problem so just search for convergance.
also check this link it will exlain you exactly how to deal with it
Let me know if you need more help :)